Error in the wiki

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Altimor, 18 Apr 2008.

1. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Because the delay times are determined through gameplay videos,the Ti speed charts are TOTALLY inaccurate. While videos on Youtube or the like are forced to be 60 FPS, the original machine runs at 55 FPS, so to get the "true" values you'd have multiply the values that are on the wiki by 0.91666666666666666666666666666667.

2. no it doesn't, and Youtube videos are 30fps by default, not 60

3. ghett0, stop making stuff up.

it does not run at 55 fps.

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Okay, fine, believe what you want to believe, but it's 55 fps.

5. Can you get a mod in phpBB that lets you ignore a user's posts?

6. Muf

Muf

Someone could ban him for spreading false information.

7. our wiki states, "Like other games made for the Japanese market, TGM runs at a fixed rate of 60 frames per second."

what makes you say it runs at 55fps?

if spreading false information was bannable, most of us would be probably be banned by now.

8. We could ban him for a combination of being ignorant, lying about records, being too young to post here as per our standard user agreement, and being hostile to other members. I'm pretty sure he just started this thread to pick on Amnesia's second language.

I don't really care either way... But if he starts lying in any record threads I maintain (again [​IMG]) I'll come down on him hard.

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I am picking on no-one. And I only lied ONCE.

10. So what exactly makes you think it's 55? What's the reasoning behind it? Where's your source of information?

11. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I just remember reading somewhere that Japanese arcade machines such as TGM run at 55 FPS. Don't know the name of the source.

12. The delay values on the TGM3 page are derived from the TGM3 reverse-engineering document, not gameplay videos. I updated them a while back.

Also, shut up. You don't know what you're talking about.

13. mat

mat

14. Some arcade games such as Dodonpachi ( http://www.mameworld.net/maws/set/ddonpchj ) push their hardware very hard, and instead of occsionally dropping frames the developpers choose to fix the game/arcade monitor at a reduced framerate. This varies on a game by game basis, and the vast majority of arcade games (especially modern ones) operate at 60Hz.

This is just another case of ghetto getting his wires crossed. Ghetto: how many bytes are in a bit again? 255? [​IMG]

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Oops. [​IMG] Yeah, I mix things up ALOT.

16. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So does Mortal Kombat, which runs at the so-called extended resolution.

But is there a reliable source that our Ti article could cite for the characteristics of Ti's video output?

17. CT and Jago should have access to the Ti owner's manual, which should have the specifications down.

18. no, it's not.

You should really try to tone down your insolence, and start listening more to what others have to say. You are clearly wrong in this case and while that's no harmful in its own, the way you go about it is terribly annoying and disrespectful. You completely disregard what we have to say despite a lot of people around here knowing the game extremely well. Far from everything you read on the internet is true - so wherever you read this, either they weren't talking about TGM (and judging by the way you usually jump to conclusions - it's very likely they weren't) or they were misinformed - just like you are in this case.