Records: [TAP] Death

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 9 Aug 2006.

1. [​IMG]

I didn't move up on the leaderboard, but it is an improvement, and I believe it's the first time I broke 300 on a keyboard.

2. I just happy that someone who isn't me is still playing this... This thread has been too quiet recently.

3. Maybe we're all stuck at a level of skill that we just can't improve upon.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG] Are you surprised c_t ?

If I was less stupid I would had let this game well before..

Continue on TAP is outdated today..Jago, you and me have been some of the last players to play on, and today we paye it..

Code:
     1 - DIGITAL--------------S6 - 679 @ 2:56:91 - Heb - 01/03/08 
     2 - Matt_hatter----------S6 - 663 @ 3:32:76 
     3 - kotetsu--------------S5 - 542 @ 2:26:46 - Tex - 02/29/08 
    ============================================================= 
     4 - colour_thief---------S5 - 500 @ 2:28:-- - TI - --/--/-- 
     5 - jagorochi------------S5 - 500 @ 2:--:-- - TI - --/--/-- 
     6 - Amnesia--------------S5 - 500 @ 2:42:45 - Heb - 02/18/08 

Caithness, follow my advice..Move on Heboris DOOM or texmaster sudden ti..If you can't buy a TI machine..

5. I'd rather play an emulation of a real game than a copy, which ultimately can't have the same credentials.

6. Oh, I came to the same realization as you recently: that Ti-style is much more fun than TAP-style gameplay. But I won't neglect Death completely, since improvement in one area is bound to strengthen myself in all areas, and it's a nice change of pace once in a while.

Funny, I'm the opposite. It could be that that the emulation is never exactly accurate, or that the clones have more options and flexibility, or that I still harbor slight moral qualms in playing copyrighted games without paying for them. Probably it's a mixture of all of those, along with the fact that my computer was never powerful enough to run TAP or TGM until now.

7. I still play TAP simply coz heboris and texmaster make my computer crash whenever I launch them lol

I didn't improve my best for a while coz I bought a VSHG and need to re-get used to the joystick after having played one year on a joypad and moreover, I only play with the cheat on at level 501 to get used to the stress of high speed

8. ei

ei

Guess who has a working TAP? :D

[​IMG]
    Code:
    EIHoppe ----------- 250 @ 1:56:30
    Surprisingly, not terribly bad despite the fact that I'm still not all that used to ARS. It's not the speed that's killing me, either (locking 200 with ease), it's my lack of ARS prowess, so hopefully expect improvements once I get over the tetlag.

~EI

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

ofcourse...I recently saw your M rank on Heboris..You could easily get the one of the DEATH mode.. [​IMG]

10. ei

ei

Yeah, but that's SRS. I'm still getting used to the ins and outs of ARS.

Regardless, improvements ahoy! Unfortunately, when I hit 300 I already had a fairly messy stack and didn't get much out of a stack that was 15 tiles high already. I think I might still be able to lock 300, though--I was locking the pieces that I did get and still felt fairly comfortable (short of the "wtf why did I stack this way now I can't get this piece here" garbage, of course).

I'm also getting a little more consistent, which is nice--where before I was depressingly inconsistent (ranging from sub 100 to 225-250ish), I've now narrowed that range to about 150-250ish, with my 325 currently an anomoly. I'm thinking that'll change with more practice, though, heh.

[​IMG]

Code:
    EIHoppe ----------- 325 @ 2:19:31
    Hopefully I'll keep improving at this rate--if I keep going, I'll hit Death GM in no time! =P

~EI

11. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I'm posting this on Ghett0's behalf:

Code:
    Ghett0 ------------ 277 @ 2:37:13
    [​IMG]

12. Edo: Firstly you wouldn't post your own scores, and now you're posting other people's [​IMG]

13. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

I only started posting mine because you and Amnesia coerced me into it. I've actually still got a few records that I haven't posted yet. I'll consider sticking them up some time in the future...

Anyways, I posted Ghett0's score for him because I don't think he deserves to be completely excluded. He's making real efforts to be more honest and mature, and I think we should acknowledge them.

14. As the person directly under me on almost every leaderboard I'm participating in, Ghett0's participation is vital to me. He provides my motivation!

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

My new french padawan :

Code:
    kira--------------------312 @ --:--:--
    Sorry he does't yet take in consideration his time..I will explain to him the importance of this point..

16. Yesterday I had a run on a keyboard which was over 470, and the time of Death was just below 3:10.

So I'll announce that I'm temporarily abandoning my VSHG for the next week or so to pursue the M rank with my keyboard.

17. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. That was quick. Congrats.

19. HELL YEAH

Congrats Rosti! Enjoy your day of infinite happiness!

20. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Asborb that happiness! [​IMG] Let me also chime in my congratulations. You've been scratching M for awhile now and it was bound to happen.