Leaderboard mess

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 29 Jun 2009.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I wanted to profite of this reborn to clean the list of the leaderboards..
    At least, my first wish was to remove the useless one, gathering some like I did there :

http://tc.gangstafish.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33

there is more than 100 threads with I think at least 20 useless one which give more an impression of mess than variety..

I am not opposed to become mod just for this work..Then you can remove me.

Later I can prepare a list of the thread I wish to see evaporated, or gathered.

Last edited: 29 Jun 2009
  2. Also, leaderboards have been started on harddrop.com, Blink 'n Brother's new Tetris forum... It's a mess if both are gonna keep leaderboards in the same thing. The leaderboards on harddrop.com are copied from TC.

3. I am a mod on HardDrop so if anyone has no problems with it I'll make sure that the HardDrop leaderboards are kept up to date with the TC ones. However, as you said Meroigo I think there's no point in having boards on both sites.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

2 forums, 2 set of leaderboards, like I said before : a mess..

5. A simple system could be made with the use of php and mysql. And you add and update your score for the game mode and optionally attach a picture.
    Both sites could use this system on their respective forums. So it's not needed to update on both sites manually.

I suppose it's the same idea cdsboy originally had with tetriscore.com ...
    But now that we have two sites a neutral site for leaderboards should be considered.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

c_t you don't care about this ? I saw you have replied near this topic today but not here.

7. I don't have a problem with a cleanup, but it's not a priority right now. What are you proposing exactly? Adding tons of information to every list?

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I totaly agree, it is not a priority, I just wanted some optimization, a reduction of the number of leaderboard by a removal of some old and outdated leaderboard (some of these has been redone in a better and updated form) and in gathering the special modes and time-attacks from a same game/mode.

This is something I could do properly and without bothering any of you who are working on harder and deeper stuffs.