TC-Logo?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 5 Sep 2006.

1. Is there anyone here who could make a TC logo to put in sigs and stuff. I'd like one, but lack the required artistic quality.

2. Here's a minimalist one ("On the Origin of Tetraminos by Means of Skilled Selection, or The Preservation of Favoured Stack in the Struggle for Tetris")

[​IMG] (without borders)

[​IMG] (with borders)

Promotion ! Only 678 bytes !

3. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i like the prince's

4. i really like that. want to make a logo for the front page? i think it's good without the single mino, though. reminds me too much of kid's tetris. (silly game with single minos).

5. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Actually, it might be better to make it just a regular sized O block, thus implying a mass of cells.

6. [​IMG] ?

Nah, the lack of the rectangle triange (present in the classic evolution image btw) somewhat unbalances the picture.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hum...

[​IMG]
    I dunno.

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

An L on its flat side, representing a slug?

8. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

....or "t" first as is and put an "s" flat inbetween the "t" and the erect "z"?

9. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Hey Rosti were you asked to remove your tag?

10. Nope. Despite the fact that I have 3 links in my sig, and I said:

On a thread that would most probably have been examined closely by MODS for rule-breaking.

11. What did you cut? I don't remember anyone's signature being ridiculous.

...To be honest I think my signature most offends me. I dislike large banner signatures. I just love the Tetris in joke too much to change it.

12. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

ALL I OFFER IS THE TRUTH.

NOTHING MORE.

13. On NSider we are now not allowed to have links in sigs. This affects the advertising for blockstats, so Jjdb posted a thread to complain. I posted the above on this thread to accompany Jjdb in his stand.

EDIT: I got a PM from BRONSEN. Darn.

14. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I just got one.

We've got posts over at Outsider that could fill entire forums as to how much of a douche Bronsen is, but that's neither here nor there.

15. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

personaly i think they should allow putting links in your sig if you get to be sage (they still have sage right?)

16. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

But don't most privileges on n-sider typically need more posts than I have over at gbadev.org, where they consider my post count obsessive-compulsive? How do people manage 5-digit post counts?

And shouldn't this topic be split at the point where it shifted to someone's sig?

17. Yeah. That's why the privilages are stupid. People either have to wait a few years to get them, or spam like crazy. Unfortunately, most people choose the latter. I mean, come on, you cna't even edit your posts until you have over 1680 posts. Assuming a reasonable post count is about 20 a day, they expect you to wait 3 months before you can edit your own posts.

And yeah, you have a point about the thread going off topic, but I did ask for the picture to advertise TC in my sig at NSider, so we haven't strayed too far from the original post.

18. Personally, I find nothing wrong with low traffic message boards going a bit off topic. If they're both hot topics than sure split the thread, but most often it's not necessary.

19. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well i think privalege forums are fine, they just need to not have extreme goals.

20. Restricting edit is a stupid thing. I mean, even in french I often make typo that I see only after posting the message, and that I want to correct it right away.