Records: [Ti] Easy

Thread in 'Competition' started by Muf, 22 Aug 2008.

1. A break from the carnival:

Classic: 1203 hanabi, 2:37:61

2. [​IMG]

EDIT: Achieved on June 8, 2012.

Last edited: 8 Jun 2012
  3. 226 Hanabis 2:53:xx

Complete. Classic Rule.

I noticed that people have a lot more hanabis than 200. What is the secret? Should I not be making only Tetrises? Since the game ends at 200, maybe at about 180, I start a combo to clear out as many lines as possible?

Does anyone else find the "ghost placement" distracting? I make a lot of misdrops...

4. From the Ti wiki entry:

To get a better idea of how to score big, go to replaycentral.tv and check out the "mom - TGM3 Ti EASY" videos. There you'll find the secret ;)

5. The main focus is long combos consisting of doubles or higher, and there are a variety of things that can help boost the value of the overall chain:

T-Spins: TGM3 has a pretty sarcastic take on the concept of a t-spin, so you can earn these even if there is no twist to speak of -- just sonic drop, rotate the T to its final position, and lock to clear lines. "T-Spin!"

Twists: You also get some extra fireworks for doing actual twists into tight spaces.

Hurdle/Split line clears: Pieces that clear non-sequential rows also net you a bonus.

Bravos: These won't happen all that often, but perfect clears are worth a ton.

You can see all style bonuses come together in one incredible display in this 10 Combo with Bravo by MOM.

During the credit roll, you constantly earn fireworks at a rate relative to your performance in the main game. To get a good score, you want a reasonably fast completion time and solid combos in both the main game and 20G credit roll.

Also, unlike TAP Normal, there are level stops. At Level 99, the optimal strategy is to bank up some combo material before clearing a line to progress to the next section. After that is business as usual. (Try to finish the main game with a big combo if possible.)

The only other thing I can think of that's worth noting is that single line clears seem much more detrimental to the value of your overall combo than they do in TAP Normal. In Normal, I might do some singles to keep the value on the combo counter banked and get some decent points if they're near the end of a large combo. In Easy, singles seem to set off very puny fireworks displays. I'm not sure how successive singles affect the value of the overall combo, but you'll definitely want to stick to doubles-or-higher more strictly in Easy whenever possible.

6. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

[​IMG]

7. Tried to get a decent game and ended up with this:

Code:
    clincher--------------756 - 200 @ 03:04:66 - 02/22/15
    Edit: New best:
    Code:
    clincher--------------883 - 200 @ 03:17:00 - 02/22/15

Last edited: 22 Feb 2015
    Qlex likes this.
  8. Classic:
    [​IMG]

9. upload_2017-3-25_19-41-28.png

10. 1013 Hanabi, my first 4-digit score:

11. upload_2018-1-13_22-34-17.png

12. [​IMG]
    that's what we're talking about

Qlex likes this.
  13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Finaly got 1000+ :

1008 in 2:44:80

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

1077 in 2:15:36

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

Qlex likes this.
  16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I have destroyed everybody on my way, except c_t.

[​IMG]

Qlex likes this.
  17. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Best video I could do...It would be better to not burn too much time on this mode...

Qlex likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

1262 @ 02:39.55

Easy mode is pretty fun

Qlex likes this.
  19. Leaderboard Updated!

Quick and "easy". Just the way we like it here. :awe:

Change log:

-New players-
    clincher-----756 - 200 @ 03:04:66 (Thank you for formatting correctly in the post! Saved me a little bit of time re-adjusting :) )
    Oliver-----1014 - 200 @ 02:20:30
    MaryHadALittle-----1262 - 200 @ 02:39:55

-Player PBs-
    Aperturegrillz-----1013 - 200 @ 02:46:95
    Amnesia-----1317 - 200 @ 03:09:30

Qlex likes this.
  20. 1448 @ 02:48.23

I was a bit lazy about the layout and capture quality.

I learned a few MOM strats (setting up the center well with both an L and J twist), but I was just way too inconsistent at setting it up just right -- especially so that there's enough room to navigate an I piece through the overhangs.

I've been playing so much more Easy mode than Shirase. It's the one true mode in TI :p

Added! -Archina

Last edited by a moderator: 9 Dec 2018
    Qlex and Archina like this.