20G practice with longer lock delay

Thread in 'Discussion' started by atticus, 4 Apr 2017.

1. Hi all,

I've recently started playing the TGM series, which is proving to be a lot of fun, with 20G + ARS providing a unique challenge from my previous experience (I played a lot of 40L several years ago). I'm aware these things get easier just grinding out a ton of practice, but I can't help but feel the very initial learning curve would be accelerated if I had some method of practicing 20G without the pressure of the short lock delay you get in TAP death or even TGM1 20G mode, just so I can experiment and take the time to think through the consequences of each piece placement. I tried to configure a Nullpomino rule to this effect but didn't have any luck getting it to work.

Does anyone know if there's a possible way to play 20G+ARS with a longer or unlimited lock delay?

2. Texmaster on normal mode at level 500 replicates Tgm1 20G. Maybe that's something you'd be interested in?

3. i use the practise mode in nullpomino to play with infinite lockdelay, no need to change the rules :)
    set gravity to -1 and lock delay to 99 (which is infinite)

ah maybe you might need to select the desired Classic rule in the options, in order to then select "(Current Rule)" when asked which rule you want to use...
    I think i edited the suggested rulesets to include classic2, but i don't remember if it's been there or not :p

4. This is exactly what I was looking for - thank you!

5. I once did this with a friend in Nullpomino, too. We played Speedmania but we set ARE to infinite so you had to cancel it with a button. We discussed almost every move beforehand. However we missed the Torikan by 30 minutes .

steadshot likes this.