Anti bastet ?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by PetitPrince, 20 Apr 2011.

1. Today's xkcd is about a tetris game that gives a perfect non standard complementary piece, in a funny echo to the hell comic.
    Now we all know that the real (i.e using standard tetromino) tetris hell is bastet (except for amnesia; that would be an infinite m-roll with kevin taunting behind :) ) .
    Question: how would you design a reverse bastet (an algorithm that would give the perfect piece sequence from any possible state of the game) ? Explain your reasoning.

Last edited: 20 Apr 2011
  2. Muf

Muf

Using PoochyBot, iterate through placements using the possible pieces that are not in the history, and pick the one that causes the longest game.

3. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

Give the piece meeting these requirements:

• Can make a line with it, if at all possible while not interfering with other rules
    • Can be placed without creating a hole using a fast hard drop action (no zangi moves or soft dropping)
    • Does not force creation of a column 3 units higher than either adjacent column if placed such that no hole is created.
    • (Optional?) Don't require creating an overhang.

Interestingly item #3 could imply only give an I piece to take tetrises or if the player makes a column that can't be filled with an L or J.

Honestly this would make a very boring game. If I actually implemented such a thing, I would try to tweak rule #1 to avoid singles.

4. I would design a game that convinced people that xkcd is not funny.

In all seriousness, I agree with DeHackEd, this sounds really boring, even if you tuned it so it only gave you giant bravo pieces every so often.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Reverse bastet is easy.

All I pieces. :)

But i'm guessing you want a reverse bastet that follows strict history or bag.

In such a case, i'd probably do what muf said.

6. if you want just reverse bastet, you could just change probability constants in source code.
    bastet 0.43 spawns worst (as evaluated by it's algorithm) possible piece with 80% chance, 2nd worse with 12% chance, 3rd worse with 6% chance and 4th worse with 2% chance, and never spawn 3 best pieces. those constants are in BastetBlockChooser.cpp file.