Attention to people with MKDS!

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 9 Jul 2006.

1. Seeing as we have a Metroid thread for FC's, I've made a thread for people who have Mario Kart to post their codes as well.

Mine is 378024-331249

I play MKDS even less than Metroid, bit if people are up for a game using the BS chat then I'll play.

2. 369434-801607

3. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I'd like to play MKDS sometime. I got it last Nov when it came out and played the shit out of it for a few months. I got very sick of the fact that you can't really compete on WiFi unless you snake as much as possible. Snaking to me isn't fun. I can do it well enough to compete, but I find it to be too much work.

4. Thats why I set up this thread, so we can have some friend games of MKDS without snaking. I can't be arsed with it usually. It would be like if everyone had unlimited I-pieces on Tetris, as it's more tedious than fun.

5. Non-snaking? Forget it then, I'm out.

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

ROFL.

7. What's so funny? The fact that I was expecting some actual competetion and not "casual" games which are really item wars?

8. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I never said I wouldn't play against snakers. If you want to snake, go right ahead. It's too much work for me and takes the fun out of the game.

I'll definitely be powersliding whenever possible but I refuse to put the effort forth to snake entire courses. I don't need to win that badly.

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Snaking is just getting drift boosts on straightaways. It's part of the game, no different from T-spinning.

[​IMG] vs. [​IMG]

10. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I disagree. T-spins are an intended part of the TDS rotation system. Snaking is abusing the physics engine to use a special boost in a straightaway that was meant for turning corners. Without snaking, the carts are much more evenly balanced. With snaking, a small handful of carts are extremely better than the rest.

11. snaking reminds me of z canceling in ssb. z cancel happened as a glitch, but it was so useful, everyone started doing it. then, nintendo just programmed it into ssbm, and it's part of the game rather than just a glitch. sort of the same thing with roll canceling in cvs2-- now top players use blanka/honda/bison. you can't really say you're playing to win, while saying snaking is not okay, can you? if you don't really want to win, then at least don't knock players who do in fact play to win.

also, the karts were never balanced in any mario kart game. mk1 was bowser, mk64 was peach/yoshi/toad. mkdd and gba was i don't know, but they weren't even. you get the point. even in mk64, where snaking wasn't really possible, wr runs sometimes had a form of it.

12. Who says they were meant specifically for that? It's implied they are, because that's where they are the easiest to do, but nothing is stopping you from doing them anywhere.

Also, for MKDD, everyone used the Barrel Train. Now there's a game that's unbalanced. At least in MKDS you can choose between Egg 1, Dry Bomber, and ROB-BLS, and even more for lap times.

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

The staff ghosts snake.

Which means jack, as mirror matches are now possible unlike in SMK and MK64. It appears that any of the lightweight karts with low "items" are effective at snaking.

Heck, even Tetris can be snaked. Perhaps somebody just wants the motherfscking snakes off the motherfscking plane.

14. Snaking in MKS is pretty much like rocket jumping, bunny hopping in Quake3 or jetpack skiing in Tribes. It may be a glitch, but it is a damn popular one.

15. It's not a glitch, either.

16. Brutus

Brutus Unregistered

snaking is cheating zomgzog wta fshz

17. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Nice 5 week bump.

18. Brutus

Brutus Unregistered

im a master of 5 week bumps bro [​IMG]

19. Says the person who bumped his own thread like 4 months on NSider, which confused me completely. All that stuff you said about wondering whether t-spin triples were possible and trying them out youself was weird to read before I realised you wrote it months ago.