Best laptop for mobile TGM?

Thread in 'Hardware' started by GyRo, 8 Oct 2015.

1. So I've mostly been playing TGM on my old desktop with a CRT, and I just got a real TGM board & a Sega Blast cab...

But sometimes you wanna play on the go! Right now I've got Tetris Plus on my old GameBoy Pocket, but I miss having wall kicks. My laptop is a first gen Macbook w/ retina display, so it's hilaribad for Tetris, or any other kind of game. I mean I've made it to S8 with that much screen lag, but that's not the point.

What kind of laptop will have the least amount of screen/keyboard lag & still run TGM fine in MAME? Preferably Windows & the smaller/cheaper the better.

2. I have one of the Asus Zenbook ultrabooks (UX32VD, the model with some i7 and Nvidia GT620M and 1080p display) and despite featuring an IPS panel TGM1-3 feels surprisingly good on it. I think it's a 2012 laptop so might be hard to come by now.
    Don't know how much lag there is but it feels really really good to me for an lcd, much better than my desktop pc monitor which has about 8****** FRAMES OF LAG. The keyboard has a really good feel on this laptop too and is great for Tetris.