best windows tetris game

Thread in 'Discussion' started by moxie101, 18 Aug 2008.

1. moxie101

moxie101 Unregistered

which version should, or do most of you play?

I liked texmaster, but you can't disable the sound,

so I switched to heboris,
    which has the annoying piece telling you where to place them for a few levels.

Is there a "best" version that i should be playing, before I get a ds to play tetris on the go?

2. i think that annoying piece thing you're talking about is only present in beginner mode, try master mode.

3. moxie101

moxie101 Unregistered

yeah it is, i suppose i should just be playing on master or 20g.

4. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Well... if you mean all sound, hit F7 [​IMG]

5. I just hit the mute button when playing texmaster. You really don't need sound when playing it. The soundtrack isn't that bad. If you ever play Cultris then you'll hear what bad sounds sound like.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

So you're getting a DS. The only free tetromino game that works on both Windows and Nintendo DS is Lockjaw.

7. moxie101

moxie101 Unregistered

well, i'll probably be playing tetris for ds and not lockjaw, cause you can't mute the sound on that either. but yeah, i still can't decide which game to play with normally

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

The DS is not a multitasking system. If you turn down the DS's volume, it won't make any noise. Did you mean individual controls for the music and sound effects, which even Tetris DS (out of print) doesn't have?

The music in Lockjaw for PC can be changed in a skin.

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

You can disable the ghost tip by opening up the "heboris.ini" file and changing this line
    Code:
    navigation = 1
    to
    Code:
    navigation = 0

10. Ai

Ai

I think he's talking about the feature that tells you where to best place a tetromino to help you stack more efficiently. As already mentioned this is only in the beginner mode.

By the way welcome on board moxie101! ^^

If you buy a DS you should definitely give Lock Jaw a try. You will need a cart to play it though, but you won't regret it! Also, there are other games out there to satisfy your tetromino stacking needs.

For Windows Lock Jaw, Texmaster and Heboris are the most popular. You should also take a look in the Records section of the forum. [​IMG]

11. It would be nice to be able to turn off the music but still listen to the sound effects in portable Lockjaw. In fact, it's a feature I've been intending to request for several months now. I wonder why I never got around to it.

12. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Yep, that's what I meant when I said ghost tip. I think that line in the config file should be the right one.

13. I really like Lockjaw. What's your problem?

14. Muf

Muf

Probably the same problem I have with LockJaw for DS. It's too minimalist, and ugly, to boot.