Can you guys rotate the I while DASing?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by statikeffeck, 6 Nov 2007.

1. It must be possible, but I couldn't tell from the videos if it was being done because I'm no where at that speed or level.

Assume this situation, with TGM2P style rotation:

Code:
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ???OOOO???
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????

The OOOO represents the I piece spawned.

One way to do this, if I'm not mistaken, is to move left twice, rotate, then DAS to the wall.

But, can you hold left and rotate at the precise moment so the piece doesn't end up falling flat and getting stuck? Have you ever done it and is it feasable?

2. yes

but you only have one frame to do it... I've never done it

3. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Sure makes me appreciate Ti's floorkicks. [​IMG]

4. Actually you get 2 frames to do it in that scenario. The second frame is the "auto synchro" frame. If he had to rotate it while DAS'ing right, he'd get 3 frames... 2 standard and 1 auto-synchro.

I've done this move many times. I only usually try for it when failure wouldn't ruin my screen. So, say:

Code:
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ???OOOO???
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????
    ??????????

In this situation the worst that will happen is a single, but if you pull it off it's a huge benefit. I know jago doesn't try for this move... I wouldn't say I have a high success rate, but it's high enough for me to attempt it.

5. mat

mat

in that scenario i'd DAS to the right... eff that shit.

6. Then you'd have no place for S or Z. DAS left is my second choice, so I don't see why you shouldn't try for the first choice.

7. mat

mat

DAS right initially rotated.

8. I've got to the point where I can actually pull it off quite frequently. It requires excellent timing and is far from a reliable way to move the piece, but it can be done roughly 50% of the time if your timing is good.

Like c_t said though, you might want to save it for situations where failure will not mess you up too badly. That's something I myself should start getting in the habit of doing [​IMG]

I'd say tapping, rotating and then DAS'ing is by far the safer option. Overall though, you're better off just putting the piece somewhere else if it's a later level, because the lockdown time mightn't be long enough.

Really, you should just make sure you never let your stack get to the point where you need to pull off a move like that. [​IMG]