Classic Tetris European Championship 13-14 March 2015

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by THC, 25 Oct 2014.

1. THC

THC

Hope to see a lot of you guys in Denmark next year! More info to come!

www.facebook.com/ClassicTetrisEuropeanChampionship
    www.facebook.com/dmitetris
    www.dmitetris.dk

It is now official. The team behind "DM i TETRIS" will take on the challenge and host the Classic Tetris European Championship (CTEC).

We've been asked and inspired by people all over Europe, after displaying pictures from the last event in 2014. Soon there will be an official team and we will be able to announce dates, rules, systems, location and more. So far, the plans are to dedicate a weekend to Tetris where Friday is the Danish Championship and Saturday is the European one. We will be surrounded by games and fun, so people outside Danmark (who can not compete that current Friday) is still gaming, socializing and having a kick ass time.

Thanks for your interest, and please spread this info..

DATE FOR THE OFFICIAL CTEC:
    13th and 14th of March will be the days and nights everyone will talk about! We will hold the Danish Championship (amongst other events) during the Friday and compete in the Classic Tetris European Championship, Saturday. We will follow the official rules (from CTWC) and allow everyone from all over the world to come and compete. However, at the The Classic Tetris European Championship we will be playing on NES PAL systems. There will be more details about, schedule, sponsors, tickets and competitions on other platforms soon.

The event will be at

Forbrændingen
    Vognporten 11
    2620 Albertslund
    www.forbraendingen.dk

Last edited: 7 Nov 2014
  2. Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

i plan on being in europe in spring so i will try to come. does anyone know if i can get a european set up so i can practice? i need a TV and NES that will work in the states...

3. Muf

Muf

Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

Depending on when this is I could come down and help out with the live stream, if you want.

4. Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

Terry you may want to contact Trey to see how to setup a PAL Tetris station. He did a youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfjxiOYm5gs

It appears to me you used a computer monitor and probably an emulator.

5. Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

Trey was in the UK playing on a PAL NES + TV at the time. One way to get a PAL NES hooked up to a NTSC TV is to use a converter like this one -- we may not get super clean picture out of it, but my guess is it'll work alright for Tetris.

Last edited: 7 Nov 2014
  6. Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

thanks boys! im gunna go do it real legit over thur in da europes.

7. THC

THC

wasmachstdugern: Hope you can make it! I'll let you know the dates as soon as it's settled.

muf: There was a stream up last year (but it kept going online/offline cause of crappy wifi at the venue) so think they got that under control, if its possible this year. But write a message via facebook, maybe some help would still be appreciated! Either way I hope you are still coming by to play some Tetris.

8. Muf

Muf

If it's just PAL NES and it's in Denmark I'd have to think twice before considering attending just to play (I'm a TGM player and although I play a bit of NES on the side, it's NTSC). When it comes to streaming I can take care of most technical aspects/issues as long as there's some kind of intent of getting things right. If just having some sort of coverage of the event streamed online is your only concern then you're probably fine on your own.

9. Re: Classic Tetris European Championship

For what it's worth, muf was invaluable to my efforts at CTWC this year to put together a stream that doesn't suck, and it's non-trivial to present a really nice stream.

The stream last year looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXU2Jf9T7Yw

That was me rigging it together through my laptop at the last minute without coming prepared because I wasn't actually responsible for the stream.

The stream this year looked like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBoY2oE7lwU

That was with preparation, frantic running around for cables, and a lot of help getting the pieces in place.

First stream is an elgato capture thing (I think?) plugged into the splitter they were projecting from plugged into my laptop. Second stream is 4 webcams, 4 direct captures from the NESes, a couple custom coded PHP scripts, and a few layers of Photoshop work.

It was a lot of work, but it was worth it. And if I'd had muf's box of toys present, it would have been a lot less work :)

Just saying.

10. THC

THC

Send muf a PM!

We had a meeting today, and the dates are set! Please let us know if you are able to help out, we would appreciate all the help we can get!

Update from www.facebook.com/ClassicTetrisEuropeanChampionship

DATE FOR THE OFFICIAL CTEC:
    13th and 14th of March will be the days and nights everyone will talk about! We will hold the Danish Championship (amongst other events) during the Friday and compete in the Classic Tetris European Championship, Saturday. We will follow the official rules (from CTWC) and allow everyone from all over the world to come and compete. However, at the The Classic Tetris European Championship we will be playing on NES PAL systems. There will be more details about, schedule, sponsors, tickets and competitions on other platforms soon.

11. Germany will participate :biggrin:

The hotel for my wife and me is booked B)

What are the rules regarding the start level?

12. THC

THC

The Germans are well prepared, love it! See you there!

Last year we did level 9 start, and I'm guessing we will do that again. But we will update our fb site with more info, as soon as we have it settled! Also a new website is on it's way.

13. Do I understand it correctly? Last year you did in the finals level 18 start.

Is this the right venue?

14. THC

THC

I actually think we changed it on the day, and continued with level 9 starts. But more info, rules etc. will come soon with the new website soon.

And yes we forgot to write that it will be the same place as DM earlier this year, and that is :

Forbrændingen
    Vognporten 11
    2620 Albertslund
    www.forbraendingen.dk

15. Good decision :)

16. Three swedish masters(?) will visit denmark:)

17. Muf

Muf

I can probably make it, but I'd either have to come on Wednesday, or Friday early morning (and book soon). If I'm going to be streaming, some preparation time would be nice (I think I read that the first event starts at noon?). Could I crash somewhere? Hotels are probably too expensive.

18. Completely overlooked this, but I think I might make it as well... Not saying anything though

19. How good are they?

20. I have played (hardcore) tetris for 1,5 years and i am scoring
    500k+ almost every day for the moment:)
    Jessicas highscore are the next goal. And i have already
    beaten her sister ,also a good player:)
    How good are you Jani?