Cyberscore

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Sully, 20 Jun 2006.

1. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I know some of you have sumbitted your Tetris DS scores on cyberscore. If you haven't- get off your lazy butt and submit yout scores!

And on a somewhat related note- I've requested here that they remove the Endless scores since it's a completely pointless mode. Thoughts?

2. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

Tho I do not roam CyberScore, I agree that Endless is pointless/should be taken out from highscores.

Poster #2 said, "If it takes zero skill, then why then can your average player like me cannot hit that magical 8x9 score? And no don't say I am rubbish, because you said yourself it takes no skill whatsoever."

Obviously, he doesn't know the wonders of SRS/infinite spin. And with SRS, you can spin blocks over each other if you try hard enough, unlike ARS/TGM series, which wallkicks play differently.

I hope I'm making sense.

3. Yeah, endless definately requires very little skill (perhaps none is a bit far). Once you can get past level 30 you have the ability to max it out, it's just a matter of whether you have the willpower to play it for that long without deliberately quitting.

4. I was the one that got that game added, and at the time I told them Endless was pointless. [​IMG] Fat chance it'll be removed in my opinion.

I like cyberscore. It has a really nice CSP alogrithm. [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Yup. Guessing from the feedback on the Cybescore link, endless is there to stay.

6. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Well, I replied. No one there seems to care, though.

7. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i think there's some merit to the endless score BUT i really like your idea about the highest score on level 998 because it is far more legitimate.

awhile ago i spent a good 12 or 14 hours straight trying to attain level 999 (i paused only to eat bites of food -- while at a sushi bar) on endless mode and the score i posted over on the tetris forum of 42,000,000 (or whatever) was immediatly after level 999 was achieved.

maybe they could take into accound endless mode but have it count for half as much as the others? i don't believe that it's completely meritless.

8. All charts are created equal, and nothing can be done about that.

9. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Come on, guys- I'm now #1 overall on Cyberscore for Tetris DS. My scores really aren't that good. Step it up, please.

10. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I just registered there because I stalk Sully.

11. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I'm planning on maxing out the high score. You won't see me on WiFi for awhile.

12. I tried a few days ago. On returning from a snack break two hours in, I accidentally pressed 'restart' instead of 'continue', losing my game. The stupid DS didn't even register the score I was at as a new high score, so I've still got my crappy old one (after a half hour of play).

13. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Currently at 33,875,553. The max score is 99,999,99, right? Not 999,999,999?

14. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Correct.

Please stop wasting your time!

15. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I've already cheated myself out of too many nights of not getting to do wi-fi by doing this. Or brain age.

I'm a 1/3 of the way there. I'm going to do it. [​IMG]

16. Sully

Sully Unregistered

How long would you say you've been playing to get that score? Much more than 3 hours?

17. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Oh totally. I lost count, but it's been a long time. I play inbetween things which makes it hard to gauge my time, so it's been spread out within the past 3 almost 4 days.