DS Lite

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Sully, 10 Jun 2006.

1. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I got my DS Lite today- my friend manages an EB Games so I got an early hookup.

I really like it. It took me a few matches to get used to the subtle difference in size/shape, but it's all good now. I only played one opponent so far- he was 72xx and I was 7414 when we started. He took 3 out of the first 4, but then I rattled off 6 straight. My old DS seemed so much less responsive, probably from being a year and a half old.

There are four brightness settings, and I think the 2nd one (where the 4th is the brightest) is plenty bright.

Perhaps a new DS is all I needed to step up my game? We'll see.

My friends code:

2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Man, don't tell me that. I'd get a Lite if I knew it could fit in my hands, but it just can't. I've gotten mixed feed back on what it's done for Tetris players. Guess I'll have to try it with Tetris sometime.

I'm putting in your info now. It's been awhile, up for a match or two?

3. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i've had a change of heart.

i went back to my ds for a bit because i bought a copy of tetris for my girlfriend so i figured i'd decimate some ratings for a bit... and it's definitely less responsive.

i also really hate the bulk. i don't know how i played the thousands of games i played with it. although i'm still a bit pissy about how sensitive the keypad is on the ds lite... i still make misdrops that i blame on the ds lite that i wouldn't make with the ds.

4. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

this is just an experiment to see if i can get the blockstats.org sig to work

5. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

So I picked up my new Ds Lite. I find it more responsive but a little too responsive sometimes. I have way more misdrops where the up button seems to be mysteriously activated, almost as if I thought about it too hard. With my old ds I made my best run at rating, presently at 8075 but it was lucky opponents. I know that I cant maintain it, especially if I unleash the lite into action. I suppose I've gotta learn sometime. But with my highest rating ever?....... Tonight, Ill take the plunge.

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i wouldn't do it if i were you. i STILL have that up button problem after using it for just under 2 weeks.

7. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I've noticed accidental hard drops, too. Not a ton, but a few here and there.

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

It happens to me in Smash Bros. when I use any controller other than an official Nintendo GameCube controller. The trick is to play against level 1 CPU until you have three misdrop-free wins in a row, then do the same on levels 2 through 4.

9. Josh

Josh Unregistered

I really need to get one of these. Since I rarely ever make misdrops, I think this will be perfect for me. Besides, my current DS has had enough. The L button is completely dead and the R button responds about 50% of the time or if I press it a certain way. This makes holding pieces really hard and sometimes it can cause losses for me. Also, my screens are scratched up, the upper screen is now glitched to now have a wierder look to it. And sometimes, If I hold my DS in a certain position, I can see the activity on the bottom screen on the top screen. My DS has survived slams, accidental drops from my roof, and being thrown around all the time in my backpack. But it's finally had more than it can take. The DS lite should improve my game a lot.