Equipment required to stream

Thread in 'Hardware' started by cyberguile, 31 Mar 2017.

1. Hi all !
    As time passes on, I got less and less interested in playing tgm as it became harder and harder to beat my own records to the point where I couldn't improve my PB for more than a year :(
    Problem is... I just love this game and, most important, the community that brang so much to me for the last decade which makes me feel really sad about giving up on the game (like, really really really sad)

So I thought maybe I should start streaming to renew interest !

Checked here and there to see how I should/could do this and, as you know me, the ultimate computer noob, am still totally clueless on how I could get it done :p
    To be honest, I'm not even sure my computer is powerful enough :p

So here I am to seek for some help and advices.

I play TAP and TGM1 on a japanese candy cab (Sega aero city)

My computer's specs:

• Intel Core i5-7200U (Dual-Core 2.5 GHz / 3.1 GHz Turbo - cache 3 Mo)
    • 4 Go mémoire DDR4
    • Chipset graphique NVIDIA GeForce 940MX avec 2 Go de mémoire GDDR5
    • Disque dur de 1 To (5400 RPM)
    • 2 ports USB 2.0 + 2 ports USB 3.0 + 1 port USB 3.1 Type C
    • Wi-Fi AC + Bluetooth 4.0
    • Webcam HD 720p
    • Windows 10 Famille 64 bits

First question: is there a device that you plug easily from the PCB to the computer to get the signal going to your computer as a video ?
    Second question: do you think my computer is powerful enough to display both this signal and some sort of live camera ?

Thanks in advance !

2. Muf

Muf

From your specs I gather you're using a laptop, not a desktop PC. So for capturing 15KHz, you're stuck with USB solutions. I believe the XCapture-1 (and its clone the USB3HDCAP) supports 240p RGB.