falsified videos?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 26 May 2006.

1. From wikipedia.org,

Can anyone see what this guy is talking about? Last time I watched these, I didn't notice anything suspicious. I'd like to de-POV this paragraph, but would like to know what you guys think, first.

2. It sounds like he's complaining about some particular twist that (he claims) is impossible. In fact, I'd say it's the first one on the wiki page under "Twists with S and Z".

Whether it's legitimately impossible on that version of tetris, or whether the guy's just uneducated, I don't know. I'd lean toward the latter, though...faking a video would be a lot of work, and there's no reason you'd use twists in a faked video anyway.

3. yeah, it looks like he's talking about some kind of wall kick. i don't totally remember how z and s compensated rotations in that game, but i find it highly unlikely someone would go to the trouble to modify the game's code to rotate a piece a little differently.

edit: okay i think i see what he's talking about. yeah, he's definitely unfamilar with how the game works, because that's definitely possible-- it's not even a wall kick. i'm correcting the wiki shortly.

4. The S and Z spin the guy is talking about are possible, on the NES version of Tetris and the classic GB version. He would be referring to the 16th line from the first video on terismaster.com, (jonas).

Its pretty funny somethone thinks that this particular twist is not possible on the NES tetris as T-spins are also possible.

As for "all of these videos are falsified" that sounds like someone who does'nt play the game much talking, I was going to post a handful of max-out vids on tetrismaster.com but its all a matter of taking up alot space on the site.

- Jono[/quote]

5. Spectre256

Spectre256 Unregistered

I'd like to see that guy say to my face that I falsified that video. Sounds to me like someone's just bitter that they can't get over 1000 points...

6. I can understand the kneejerk "it must be fake" reaction, but that guy took it way too far. All that work typing and he didn't even do the 30 seconds of research it would take to disprove his theory.