For you Xbox 360 owners - Tetris Splash on XBLA.. now

Thread in 'Discussion' started by PacoDG, 3 Oct 2007.

1. PacoDG

PacoDG Unregistered

Despite the name "Tetris Splash".. don't let images of Wetrix enter your brain.

[​IMG]

Pics make me think it will be similar to TetriNET (6 player support/teams).

My 360 d-pad makes me know different.

Some people onDigg dugg it.

I start work at 6pm, I need sleep to work, I know if I bought this game I would play it until I had all the achievements.

2. played one game so far. thank god for fast DAS and customizable controls.

3. How fast? 1 cell/frame fast, or slightly slower?

4. PacoDG

PacoDG Unregistered

Ah caffeine, a name I recognize beating my ass in Tetris Evolution early on when I got the game. What controls are you using other than what is given? (I seriously haven't turned my 360 on to download it, I am not kidding about not getting any sleep if I download this right now)

5. DAS is 1G. Certainly fast enough for proper finesse.

My setup:

Left -- LT (The clicky one you press with your index finger)

Right -- RT

Rotate CW -- D-pad right

Rotate CCW -- D-pad left

Hard drop -- Y

Soft Drop -- X

Hold -- B

It's confusing at first, but I'm definitely catching on quickly.

The only ARE exist during line clears, and it's very short (less than half a second). During which you can initial rotate or hold.

Gameplay is very solid and fast! Looking forward to making some actual decent times in 40 lines.

6. Are my eyes deceiving me? 1G in an official game not called TGM? Now I NEED a 360.

7. Who authorized this? It actually sounds playable. [​IMG]

2 more questions:

What randomizer does it use?

What modes are there?

8. In which case nothing like TetriNET then.

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

But when will Tetwiis come out? Or has Tetris Holding chosen Microsoft as the preferred console platform vendor for this generation, just as it chose Nintendo during the 8- and 16-bit eras?

Rosti: Might it be more like Tetrifast (Tetrinet 1.x with ARE reduced from 60 frames to 1)?

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Wow, 1G DAS, customizable controls, IRS, and IHS. Is 20G present?

11. Probably no 20G. I haven't played marathon yet. Haven't checked the randomizer yet. I haven't really even played it more than half an hour total today. I'll write up more description tonight when I get a chance to play more.

Single player: Marathon and 40 Lines. Multiplayer: not sure exactly. I know there's free for all, team matches, and ranked matches.

12. kbr420

kbr420 Unregistered

u guys like the game so far? its really easy to unlock all the achievements.

fyi, the DAS is the SAME as Tetris Zone - Sprint.

13. Huh? DAS in Zone Sprint is nowhere near 1G. Something must be wrong here. Can anyone confirm? I cannot check, since, to quote Eddie Rogers, "There are no plans to make it available in Japan, as there is no market for Xbox Live in Japan".

14. PacoDG

PacoDG Unregistered

Man, the thought process behind not making a download available to certain areas still confuses me. I am no business major, but does that really make sense at all?

There used to be a trick to creating a silver account on a 360 in a different region, but I believe Microsoft stopped it (though it doesn't hurt to try).

The game kicks ass, something I noticed rather quickly is a lot of people actually talk when playing, which is actually pretty good, something I wouldn't have thought was good beforehand (Tetris isn't really known for its trash talking audience), but honestly a lot of people just BS'ing while playing, when it comes down to just two players, its amusing to hear people root for one player over another. The team modes are pretty fun if you got the right players on your team (I tried it with the chick ranked number 2 on the leaderboards right now, we raped all others).

I need to switch my controls though, using the d-pad to do a fast drop has cost me two games, it is just over sensitive, so it ends up dropping my piece, but then the next piece right away, ive learned to adjust how lightly I tap it, but since I can just customize the controls, I will do that.

15. I think the translation could probably be the main reason. I can't imagine it would cost too much to convert from English, but there's no other reason I can think of.

16. Another reason could be the fact that Tetris Online Japan Inc. owns the rights to Online Tetris games in Japan for all platforms except for cell phones, and the complications it causes.

17. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I'll download this when I get home tonight. My biggest complaint with Tetris Evolution was how completely crappy the x360 controller is. I'm sure it's no different for Tetris Splash =/

18. Again with the Xbox 360 controller complaints. Wouldn't the obvious solution be to buy a controller with a better D-Pad?

There not that hard to find, or that expensive.

- Jono

19. JDash247

JDash247 Unregistered

How about another solution, BUY THE FIGHTING STICK EX2 HORI ARCADE STICK. It feels like the FS3 for the ps3 and the wii fighting stick. Thats what I use and I have not complaints (expect it being a bitch to mod).

20. K

K

yo carpet seller, i can't buy buy buy buy and play this game (unavailable for europe).