free computer tetris multiplayer?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Bander87, 29 May 2006.

1. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

Does anyone know of a free tetris multiplayer game played on the computer?

Thanks.

2. B.G.

B.G. Unregistered

DTET or Tetrinet

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Do you mean "multiplayer" as in two players looking at the same screen, or do you mean "multiplayer" as in networked?

4. Bander87

Bander87 Unregistered

Networked.

5. I use Cultris, its pretty much the fastest one out there. Its very good [​IMG]

[MODDED]

Enjoy

- Jono

6. Shirase

Shirase Unregistered

Tetrinet is still around? Damn. I haven't played on there in years...

7. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Does Tetrinet still have a nonstandard playfield width?

8. sihumchai

sihumchai Unregistered

I was trying out Tetrinet awhile ago, and if I can recall, it was 12x22.

I hate the default(or random?) starting positions for the pieces. e.g. S's and Z's pointing downwards and not flat. (applies to Tetrinet and Cultris)

Are they not allowed to use SRS or ARS starting positions?

9. cultris is pretty close to srs, save a few very annoying differences.

tetrinet's spawning is random, and is dtet online? i thought you only could play someone 1v1 on the same pc.

btw, 12x22 is standard for tetrinet. serious players of tnet simply won't depart from it. i guess one big exception is <a href="http://www.blockstats.org/stats/user_drakkie.html">drakkie</a>. he's like my hero. ;]

other options include quadra, tetron, multris, and some european browser based games. also, if you live in korea, you have access to a pretty nice one.

10. Guest

Guest Unregistered

lol wow.. the very same day i find this site i see my name! woohoo i feel special

but yeah tetrinet is a great game and i still havn't departed from it, i just started playing tetris ds also [​IMG]

11. nahaha, drakkie! last time we played, it was like over half a year ago when i was still playing tnet2. i went under caffeine (my tds name, too). cool to see you here.

12. I am right in thinking tnet2 is good because of the culture of players moreso than the solid gameplay? What I remember of it was very shoddy and frustrating. And that was when I was winning! [​IMG]

13. Guest

Guest Unregistered

no lol, the tnet community is horrible, i like it for the game play. its extremely smooth what are you talking about! whats so fustrating about it!!? [​IMG]

14. It's been too long... I only remember the feeling of frustration and not the causes. The only thing I remember for sure was the game lacking a certain... professional polish, shall we say.