[HeboMiniScripting] speed curve for fall speed (sp[player])

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Zeta, 13 Apr 2008.

1. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

I'm just curious: what would be a generally good speed curve for a long game (I.E. over 2000 levels)? currently in the script I'm working on, I have it set up to be your current level, times 100, divided by 325 (effectively your level times 3.25, rounded... up, I think). this puts 1200 (20G) at level 3900. does this seem like a good speed curve, or should I go and redo the whole setup?

2. I'd be tempted to redo it. I'm currently thinking of a 2000 level progression myself. I'll post it when I get something that I'm happy with.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

It depends on what you want in the game. Lumines has a long curve, for instance. Do you want more <1G? Or more 20G?

4. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

I was planning for a more "endurance" type challenge, consisting of (once certain conditions are met) 4000 levels + staff roll (yes, you read that right. 4000 levels), eventually reaching 20G but not until after a VERY long time of playing.

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

is that 4000 arika style levels, or 4000 10 line levels? [​IMG]

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

As far as I can tell, in the context of Heboris, which is at heart an Arika clone, it's the former: 4,000 levels each of roughly 2/7 lines.

7. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

it's gonna be roughly 4 times the length of Master mode in TGM Ti, not counting staff roll. (assuming you're at the proper rank to get all 4000 levels <.<)