How to get Heboris Background Music to work?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by DarthVivi, 7 Jul 2007.

1. I just downloaded Heboris Unofficial Expansion yesterday, and it is a very awesome game. I am only having one problem: I can't get BGM to work.

I created a BGM folder in the Heboris directory, and put in some mp3s, giving them the names title.mp3, bgm01.mp3, bgm02.mp3, and bgm03.mp3. Then I went to settings in the game menu and changed the BGM type from WAV to MP3, save, exited, and restarted the game.

For some reason, the BGM won't work. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I have always used WAV files so I don't know if this applies. How long are the songs? If the length exceeds a certain value, the game won't load it.

3. The shortest was 3 minutes 11 seconds...and that one didn't work.

Anyway, what are some good WAVs for Tetris? Almost anything is better than nothing.

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Hmm, it must have something to do with the MP3 function in Heboris as I just tried using a 5 minute WAV song and it works perfectly.

As for good songs for Tetris, I prefer electronic genres such as trance. A lot of sounds for Heboris are self edited. As far as I know, there aren't any public releases of soundpacks.

You might want to check this thread out to see what other people prefer.

http://www.tetrisconcept.com/forum/view ... ght=trance

5. They didn't work for me the first time I tried, either.

Then I thought I heard bits and pieces of one very faintly.

So I went into heboris.ini and changed the "bgmvolume" setting from -1500 to -500, and I was able to actually hear the MP3s then. :p