HRAP3

Thread in 'Hardware' started by kapat, 24 Dec 2008.

1. kapat

kapat Unregistered

i JUST got my joystick and it's pretty cool, but i was wondering before i go and learn it all wrong, if somebody could show me the "right" [arcade way] way

would be a LOt of help. thanks

2. The Enigmatic Form

The Enigmatic Form Unregistered

What do you need to know? How you should hold the stick? [​IMG]

There are many ways to do it, just do it the way it feels the most natural for you. There is no need to learn it a different way if you are not comfortable with it.

What makes a difference is the choice between placing the stick on your lap or on a table in front of you. Here you should also find out by trying what suits you best.

3. kapat

kapat Unregistered

like, what buttons on the joystick simulates what buttons are on the arcade version.

like a, b, c in the arcade is HOLD, LROTATE, RROTATE

or backwards, or whatever.

4. [​IMG]

(if you would play TGM3 with World rules, it would be A B C = CW, CCW, CW)

5. Alternatively, you could map the unused buttons to something useful (screenshot, cheat/training menu), assuming it doesn't hinder your gameplay too much if you press it by accident (it will happen)

6. kapat

kapat Unregistered

thanks a bunch

7. Yeah, if you get sanwa buttons for it then you'll almost certainly press stuff by accident. I do it all the damn time with the C button. Resting your finger on the button is usually more than enough to activate it.

For holding the stick, it can be very helpful to place your little finger on the other side of the stick to the rest of your hand. If nothing else it helps minimise the likelihood of the stick accidentally activating the opposing direction when it centres itself (which again will happen a fair bit if you're not careful).

8. Muf

Muf

On my supergun, I have start mapped to the E button (second from left bottom row), and I never accidentally hit it while playing. You guys all need to master the ninja ways of playing TGM on a joystick [​IMG]

[​IMG]

:l33t:

9. clone

clone Unregistered

hmm, isn't the HRAP preset in 8way mode? so i think you'd want to open it and rotate the gate thing to put it into 4-way mode since tetris doesn't use the diagonals and won't input the directions properly sometimes in 8-way mode or something like that. There's a thread on how to do it somewhere on these forums.

10. Funny you should mention that. I've often accidentally hit start on my arcade machine while playing TGM. And it's nowhere near the buttons!

11. Yeah, opening the HRAP and switching the restrictor to 4 way is not too difficult. There's plenty of guides on it, and it only takes about half an hour at most. The only tool you'll need that you probably don't have is a 7mm nut driver. I'm sure you'll be able to pick one of those up, though.

My HRAP3 has a weird problem where the microswitch for the down direction clicks REALLY REALLY loudly and feels kind of...strange compared to the others. Do you guys think replacing the microswitch is the solution here? I'm not sure what to do, since the stick is brand new and I've had the problem since the stick arrived.

12. Muf

Muf

Step 1. Open up the HRAP
    Step 2. Wait 20 minutes
    Step 3. Rotate the restrictor
    Step 4. Close the HRAP

[​IMG]

13. [​IMG]

Love you too Muf.

Fine, it is a bet...kapat, please report back with how long it took you to swap the restrictor.

14. muf: There are one million screws (or maybe... first 8 easy ones on the bottom, then 6 damn bolts with these stuff between them and stuff... =/) and some of them are annoying... Especially takes time to put it back together. I hate changing the restrictor because of all the damn screws!! [​IMG]

Oh and here's a link to a guide (if you didn't have it already). It's for VSHG but works for HRAP3 too. They're pretty much the same, except HRAP3 seems more like a bitch to get open... [​IMG]viewtopic.php?p=8967

15. Anyone for a records thread for fastest HRAP restrictor changing times? [​IMG]

16. HRAP3 took me like 2 and a half minutes. =b

17. Wow, that's some wicked SPM you've got there.
    (screws per minute)

18. what, like four or five?

edit: were there more? i don't really remember how long it took.

i just remember it being super easy since everything was taped up. you just open it, and then take out the switch and turn it. cake.

19. Muf

Muf

Hah, finally a true man in this thread. [​IMG][​IMG]

20. That's it. As soon as I get home, I'm breaking out my screwdriver, nut driver, and timer. Being from the deep south, I feel obligated to get to the bottom of this.