New GM requirements discovered!

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Altimor, 25 May 2008.

1. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I asked some japanese players if they knew the Gm requirements. I got a reply (from jinB) and he knew some stuff that wasn't on the wiki.

You have to play with the same profile 10 times

You have to get MasterM 7 times in a row (That's right! Not 5 out of 10 times)

Do not get singles or doubles when you get the exam.

I put it on the wiki.

2. Ghett0.. please stop making stuff up. I reverted your edit on the wiki.

I have several videos here that prove you can make both singles and doubles during a GM exam and still pass. One of which is a video from Jin8 - so he would undoubtly know you can make singles and doubles in an exam.

And in the "road to GM" videos from Pier21, 14 gets 6 consecutive MMs followed by a MK and then a MM, and he still passes the GM exam.

So you're wrong on all accounts - as usual.

You're not gaining any popularity by constantly posting lies.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I like your patience and pedagogic mind Lee N.. [​IMG]

4. You could've just quit when you were ahead, but noooo.

At this point we already know you're full of crap.

And at this point, I could've just stopped reading, and I did, but then I went back and saw this:

and didn't know what to say. You know what, let me just tell you it in a way you'll understand. MAKE A SLOPE. FALL DOWN THE SLOPE AND INTO A VOLCANO SO THAT I WON'T HAVE TO REMEMBER THIS TOPIC.

5. Muf

Muf

He could visit TTC and throw himself into Kilauea while he's there anyway.

6. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

[2008/05/25(Sun) 16:24:23]_?4. Erase many line in "shadow" end-roll

[2008/05/25(Sun) 16:17:33]_?3. Get rank "Master M" consecutive 7 times.

[2008/05/25(Sun) 16:12:22]_?2. Play toooooooooooooooooo quickly & do not erase 1 or 2 line.

[2008/05/25(Sun) 16:08:19]_?1.Play up to 10 times & Use same name.

That's the chat log.

7. Yeah, okay, I have a chat log also:

18:37:13 * colour_thief has kicked TGM-Ghett0 from #arika (how many bytes are in a bit?)

8. Muf

Muf

That looks like advice rather than requirements. If you follow the advice you'll probably get Gm, but there are other ways about it as well. You shouldn't forget the language barrier between Japanese and English; he probably assumed you were asking for advice and not the actual in-game requirements.

9. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Wrong. I asked for the requirements.

[2008/05/25(Sun) 02:29:01]Ghett0?I' m????/??TGM?????? ????????3???????????????????????

(Translation):

I'm a western TGM player. Do you know the Grand Master requirements for the Grand Master 3?

10. kx5

kx5

Whoa whoa. Can you actually speak japanese? Or did you throw that into an online translator, because those are very inaccurate and what that line could've meant, for all you know, was to ask for advice.

11. Muf

Muf

*cough*

[​IMG]

12. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I threw it into a translator, and while western>eastern translation sucks, eastern>western translation WORKs. So I just checked what it actually said.

13. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

How long do you think it would take a 9 year old to teach himself Japaneses using only a computer?

14. No.

Machine translation between Japanese and English sucks both ways.. the languages are just too different to get any good results.

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Let's just settle it once and for all. PM it to Needle.

16. Zeta

Zeta Unregistered

yeah, right...

by the very nature that it's a machine, neither direction will be flawless.

also, by the very nature that the western->eastern translation is inaccurate, the western->eastern->western translation that you implied you did is also inaccurate, and therefore the reply may or may not have been what you wanted.

if that logic worked in real life, we'd all believe the "we made the hole in the ozone layer" BS (you know, the theory that inert gas particles [CFC's] can defy gas laws and magically travel over 1/4 of the earth's circumference to the OTHER end of the earth and then magically just stay there.)

17. You don't have to.. look at the way the translation left "I'm" in there for the japanese translation.. do you really think the rest of the translation is accurate when it didn't even get that part right?

18. kx5

kx5

For the longest time I ignored all this ghett0 business(and quite frankly, ghett0 altogether) -- didn't know he was only 9 years old.

Oh man. Just saw his "fanta grape" pic. [​IMG]

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I am willing to believe that a minimum of 10 games must be played on the profile.

I think the "don't get singles and doubles" bit was simply a bit of advice, and not a requirement.

I am also willing to believe that 7 MasterM level performances in a row are required to get the GM exam. We know that the game is extra picky about that particular exam.

20. K

K

So basically, you claim to have talk with jin8 on IRC ? fine, i don't care about your japanese level, but, can you tell us on wich network/channel/server ?