Tetris is the child of EVIL

Thread in 'Discussion' started by PetitPrince, 14 Dec 2007.

1. ...and so are all videogames, says Father Raymond J. De Souza.

[via gamepolitics]

To quote Gamepolitics:

*sigh* Sick sad world.

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

That sucks.
    For whatever reason, I just thought about the Wii.
    Oh man, I think I've had more than one too many doses. [​IMG]

3. If I don't get into Cambridge, I'll blame Tetris [​IMG]

4. Stopped reading there, this article fails 10 times over.

5. jujube

jujube Unregistered

is that sufficient for keeping you from getting fat? i don't get it.

hold on, let's not confuse TV with video games. this is a little ignorant.

this sounds eerily familiar...Kanji anyone?

i don't know much about how imagination works, but i can't imagine it being stifled by images seen on video games. wouldn't a kid that stares at a wall all day have the poorest imagination? and what about always playing with the same games and toys your parents provide for you? sure books force you to visualize for yourself what's happening, but when playing tetris you're imagining all sorts of scenarios that may arise in the near future and making decisions based on that.

6. K

K

He is a children psychologist as much as me UK Queen...
    so Children can't build imagination without experience.

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I'm working on a response to him. This is what I have so far:

Not yet finished, absolutely so much bullshit to address. I'm going to enjoy pointing out the violence in the Bible that was condoned by the writers or smiled upon by God yet in other Good vs. Evil epics he can't grant, say, Master Chief, Hale or Gordon Freeman, the same leeway.

The man needs to play some Portal.

8. Fighting religion with religion [​IMG]

Go Phy

9. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Holy...that is some lyrical use of language Phydeaux. You hit all the right spots with what you've written so far.

10. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

11. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I think I finished it. Let me know if I have any glaring mistakes, since I'm typing this inbetween doing things at work.

Also, the irony is not lost on me that within the same month I pounded out this piece of great literature:

http://gtfoutsider.com/main/?p=64

Perhaps I'm bipolar.

12. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Good job.

which links to Smash Bros. Dojo: Wi-Fi:
    Could this be the first we've heard out of Nintendo about officially-sanctioned ways of sharing friend codes? Back when Nintendo.com forums were in operation, it was an offense to post your friend code or ask for others'.

13. , not on a forum where thousands of people will see it, I think that's what they meant.

For whatever reason, Brawl Worldwide mode can't get anymore anonymous than it is now.

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Phydeaux, i thinks it's clear you're more well-rounded in knowledge and experience than Father De Souza [​IMG] it's obvious you've spent some time on this response, so let's hope your points are considered carefully.

yes [​IMG]

15. A pitty you have spent so much time to write such strong and fair arguments for someone that has clearly less than half your cleverness and probably won't even understand what is your point.

The real problem in this world is that people listen to stupid guys like this de souza much more that they listen to people like you because people like you are the minority.

16. Aren't they satire too?

17. That one is, but I remember tons of completely serious stuff like that circa 1999.