TETRIS Tournament online IV

Thread in 'Locations & Events' started by Amnesia, 27 Jul 2016.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Who will have the courage to fight against them.

They are fast and nervous, we are powerfull and endurent
    They know how to T-spin, we know how to stack
    They play 0G faster than the fastest of us, we can play 20G.
    They play SRS, we play ARS
    They are HD, we are TC...

With absolutly no chance at all to resist a versus fighting against them, I still consider as a noticable thing to attend the contest and show that TC players are not afraid of versus, as they are afraid of TGM.

I will attempt, I have let TI on the side and I try to recover my versus skill. But it is really really rude...The skill of the HD community increased during these last 3 years.
    My probability to defeat blink on 1 round is 0,0000000000000000000001%

Registration and rules here :

http://harddrop.com/tourney

TIPS : Blink gave me the link that we can edit to set the DAS and ARE of TETRIS FRIENDS without paying or play for decades to unlock the fast setting. Here is the thing :

http://www.tetrisfriends.com/games/Live/game.php?das=117&ar=0&ihs=true&irs=true

here, DAS = 117 and ARE = 0, IHS and IRS are enabled (but useless with an ARE = 0)

jkwon23 likes this.
  2. I'm not afraid of versus, I'm afraid of Flash Player

shrizza likes this.
  3. Muf

Muf

Objection, your honour.

4. I took part in a Tetris Tournament in Leipzig with some good 1v1 players from germany. It was fun and everyone was super nice. They let me use the stick I brought, no problem. But against someone optimizing their attack line output I do not stand a chance. So I might still enter just for the fun of it.

5. To be fair using joystick on SRS 0G is pretty much suicide against any good player imo. Or a one-way ticket to wrist cramps and RSI.

6. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I agree. For a long time I have tried to set properly a stick with ARS configuration. But the result was a disaster. I play versus much better with SRS and keyboard than ARS with a stick.
    You can't do a 100 meters speed marathon with shoes that you would use for a 30km trail in the forest / mountain. And reverse is also not possible.

7. I always switch up/down, and so it feels reasonably nice to play, so at my skill level no reason to switch to another input device.

BTW: the link up there for DAS, does it work for sprint? Or does it work at all?

8. Only in Arena, and only in Expert or Expert+ rooms if I recall correctly.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

It took me a moment to well understand so I explain here to avoid you the investigation. You have to see the little purple "E+" at the top right corner of the game bracket. If not, the special adress will have no effect and you will play with standart setting.
    Here my adress is set for example with the values corresponding to the best DAS upgrade of TF (117 ms), but you can set ARE and DAS as you wish :

[​IMG]

10. Thanks for the clarification!

11. So my problem is I am too bad to join those E rooms, in default settings they are not even shown. So I played some bronze games yesterday...

For the torunament I'll probably play against one of the Top8 players, because my Sprint time is so bad ;)

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Don't worry, I can't do better than 57sec...
    The versus skill of maybe 20-30 players is completely mad. I can't resist at all more than 25 sec against some of them... I imagine for you :D

13. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

3 years ago I was stopping playing TF just after lv 20 reached...
    Recently I have practiced again for this tournament, the skill of the community increased but the maximal lv is still 20. I got kicked back to 17...
    Today I recovered 19 and I can beat sometimes fast lv 20 players.
    I have watched HD_Blitz playing a moment. It is scaring. This man is mad. He can turn a mistake in the middle of the game into a Triple-Tspin shape... :(
    I still think that they are more than 20 or 30 to play like this. I don't know how many of them will be in this tournament.

14. Expect me lurking.

15. Haha, seems I am among the 10 worst 40L players on HD. ;)

16. Didn't take that long ;)

17. Slightly off-topic, but is there a way to not have Twitch videos auto-play when embedded? It's annoying as shit, especially in the leaderboard threads.

18. Sry, didn't lnow about that, I use yt for almost everything.

19. So, who else played and how did it go (hope better than my games ;)

20. Signed up, didn't play because I didn't know I was scheduled to play on the very first day. I missed the tweet about schedules being released.
    But doesn't matter much because I would have gone up against Blink if I had won that game.
    Would probably be good for future tournaments if they could incorporate some sort of notification on their site if you're up soon I guess. (PM, email etc) because there was a lot of scratched matches from what I can see.

Also, I mostly work weekends and it seems there will only be matches during fridays and weekends so I would not have been able to participate at all later on in the tournament.. Especially given the time zone difference. Matches would be in the middle of the night or early morning.