Tetris Videos

Thread in 'Discussion' started by jujube, 28 Mar 2007.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

List of videos

Enjoy and thanks everyone for uploading/linking to these videos [​IMG]

2. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Nope, that video hasn't been posted yet Rosti. It's one of the best Worlds rotation videos out there.

Here are a couple more stray videos.

caffiene - Tetris DS Back-to-Back T-Spin Triples

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... spin&hl=en

caffiene - Tetris Deluxe Speed Run

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2153408262

caffiene - Tetris Elements Speed Run

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 6201259305

aaaaaaa4000 - I think Tetris is very difficult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi3MTKRmI28

Spectre255 - Game Boy Tetris - 999,999 points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeSEJG4XzU

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Very good initiative jujube!

It's...irritating when I search a particular video and I don't succed to find it..So thank you!

Don't forget people to often update this thread..

Maybe we could think to organize a wiki with a nice tree structure...

example :

-game

-mode

-guy

And I profite to ask this :

Do you know a good soft which could allow me to record and translate an inp into video format?

When you make an inp, the most of time you must make 10 bad games before making a good..I've had a lot of chance to catch my S8 (9min36) in a first shoot.. [​IMG]

4. Most screen recording software I tried either didn't work, or did but caused a lot of slowdown on my PC.

I find the best method is just to use a digital camera, square on to the screen, and on a pile of books or something to get it to the right height.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

You could hack the emulator to close and reopen the inp whenever a coin is inserted. LJ in auto-record mode does something similar: close and reopen the ljm whenever the game starts.

I've wikified your video list: List of videos

6. Recent MAME's can record MNG files (basically PNG in animated form). It's then possible to create an AVI or whatever from that. You'd also have to get MAME to output the sound as a seperate WAV and stitch it together.

7. Wow, I didnt know there were good cultris vids on youtube.
    I play gigolo offten [​IMG]

Hmm thought I took that one off, I better fix that.

- Jono

8. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Yes colour_thief I've already tried it!

But my PC can't support it! He is not enough powerfull..

Or if you want I can record a death gm in 5:10 with that.. [​IMG]
    Rosti is right, a simple camera during the inp is loaded, and that create a more realistic effect.. [​IMG]

Do you think my S8 could be on the list of video? Or I try to record a S9, or a better time?

9. If you can play TAP in MAME, you can do it all:

1. Record the INP.

2. Replay the INP while telling MAME to record MNG and WAV.

3. Convert the MNG to AVI and stitch the WAV for sound.

The only step that must be realtime is #1.

10. jujube

jujube Unregistered

thanks tepples! also i see you added the links that Rosti and DIGITAL gave.

Amnesia-like Rosti i also use a digital camera for recording games.

caffeine-i added the Sega Ages video thanks. because i can't find my way around the Arika site, i won't be able to link those videos directly. if anyone could edit the wiki page with the correct link that would be great. for the time being, i've given credit for those videos to Arika.

11. ct, maybe he's saying he can't record period, since his computer's not powerful enough. screen video capture does take enormous cpu consumption.

maybe you could play the game on your computer, save everything, and then temporarily use someone else's computer just for the capture. usb flash drives are very useful for that sort of thing.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Any idea to make a musical clip with our videos?

A lot of little extract from our best games..

We have enough of it.. [​IMG]

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

just a question for anyone with a video on the list, mostly for TGM series videos:

i'm trying to include the level, time, and if the player made M or GM grade in the game. i also have the time of the entire length of the video, which in the case of the video matt put up on youtube is 34 seconds longer than the game time (i assume because of lag during capturing). should i only include the time that's on the game clock in these videos?

P.S. thanks again to everyone who is contributing to this wiki article by uploading games, linking to games, and organizing video titles

14. tepples

Likewise, the time on my TOD videos is about 15 seconds longer than the play time because it includes time spent in menus.

I'd suggest including both. We should reformat it into a table anyway.

15. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I've not found the grad M (master mode) of Jagorochi on the list..

For me this video is more impressive than a M rank in DEATH..

[​IMG]

16. I've just watched the few vids that were shot in an arcade and remembered how much noise there is in those places (first time I entered one, took me ten minutes to accomodate [​IMG] )

How on earth can they get such concentration in such places !

17. reivilo

reivilo Unregistered

omg the official video of arika for tgm3 is just amazing...

especially the part where the stack is invisible... i dont get how he does to remember the stack and at the same time focus on the tetrominos coming

18. tepples

You can get good at invisible challenge if you practice. There are a couple things you can do with fan games:
    1. Play TOD and get past the 9 minute mark to obscure the playfield without completely hiding it.
    2. Play LJ with "Hide blocks in well" turned on. I would imagine that Heboris has a similar option.