TGM speed curve. A graphical representation

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Edo, 6 Oct 2007.

1. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

So I was looking at the TAP speed curve data on the wiki and thought that it might be nice to represent it graphically. A long list of numbers, although precise, doesn't make it particularly easy to visualize the data. Please let me know if and how it can be improved, or whether it's wiki-worthy as it is:

2. That's interesting. I wasn't aware of the decrease in gravity across the 400's

3. It is !

4. really nice style! could you make such a graphic for TAP , too?

wich tool did you use ? coreldraw? something else ?

looks very stylish.

5. gila

gila Unregistered

i'm confused, is that for the first TGM game or is it for TAP. because it says 'MASTER MODE'. if it's for TAP, then i love it and i wanna see similar thing for all TAP modes (yes even NORMAL LOL) and of course TGM1!!!

6. I think they are the same.

7. K

K

i really like the design edo.

8. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Sorry for the confusion, I've been meaning to clarify this on the wiki: the original TGM, TA master, TAP master and TAP TGM+ all share the same speed curve in terms of gravity, it's only the ARE, DAS, lock and line delays that are different.

Actually, I used mostly MS Paint... [​IMG]
    Anyway, thanks for the kind comments guys, but seriously, I'm a big boy, I can take your criticism. If there's anything you don't like about the diagram and want changed, it's best to let me know before it gets stuck up on the wiki. Perhaps someone might like to suggest a less confusing title? Would you prefer decimal G instead of fractional G in the detail? Also would you consider this accurate enough to render the original list of numbers redundant, or would you prefer both side by side?

9. I think fractional G is better than decimal, but I personally would think that writing 2/8 and 4/8 is better than 1/4 and 1/2, just because having them all with the same denominator seems neater to me.

10. Uh ? I though that skilled players could reach 20G sooner than 500. Jin8 hits it at level 300 in his Gm performance, am I wrong ?

11. If they're doing that, it's because they're holding down, and not because of the natural speed curve of the game.

12. The dynamic speed curve exists only in Ti(TGM3). all other games in the series follow a fixed speed curve, regardless of the player's performance.