Wait you can play TGM3 on the PC now?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by hova, 12 Jun 2012.

1. I've been playing NDS_TGM a few years ago but now i got back into TGM i heard you can play it on PC? Is this true? What did i miss guys.. guys?

2. You probably won't find links on here for legal reasons, but yes, it's possible.

3. Thank you, does it run well? Any trade offs? Playable with controller/stick?

4. Playable with either stick or keyboard. How well it runs varies depending on setup from either very slow and practically unplayable to similar to the real thing.

5. And it requires dedicated hardware to have the latter, am I correct ?

6. I can unsarcastically say definitely maybe.

I can play on my 2nd tier laptop with 0 slowdown at all. I tried on a more expensive 1st tier laptop and there was slowdown just because the hardware was different. The crack does not have compatibility in mind and never will, so good luck:p

7. Muf

Muf

The crack considers compatibility, but the game itself was fundamentally written to only run well on a Celeron 2.5GHz with a Radeon 9500 Std running a specific configuration of Windows XP Embedded with specific drivers. Any bugs, strange behaviours or poor performance is down to the game not having been written with your system configuration in mind.

And regarding "never will", certain graphical glitches have come and gone with newer versions of ATI/nvidia drivers, and it is quite possible to do binary modification of the game's code to work around specific bugs, but a solid knowledge of programming is needed as well as a disassembler.

8. [​IMG]

NO DISASSEMBLE

9. NEED INPUT

(...without lag!)

10. Woops, that was a bit of a general statement. You're right; One time I forgot that I hadn't updated my graphics driver since my last hard drive wipe so I went from version 1.8x to 3.3x and checked all my games for fps or graphics improvements. Nope.

Then I started TGM3 and particle effects from the line clears finally appeared!

11. Umm could anyone help me with the input setting from the config.bat,
    the directions on what button is what is kinda confusing. im using a 360 controller.

12. Muf

Muf

four way = yes
    tetris = yes

1 = left rotate
    2 = right rotate
    3 = left rotate
    4 = hold
    5 = n/a
    6 = n/a
    service = n/a
    test = service menu

You probably want to map the buttons:
    1 -> X
    2 -> Y
    3 -> B
    4 -> A

Or alternatively map 4 to one of the shoulder buttons.

13. While we're on the subject, is there a way to pause it or a level hack like you can do in mame?

14. You want A B X RT. If you put the 180 input such that you need to span the breadth of the face buttons, it's likely awkward to the point that it might as well not be there. You can input it as a roll using your the joint for A and tip for X, or as a drag starting at X and pulling across A. Hold is also almost universally on the shoulder buttons, for good reason.

~Love,
    a former NDS_TGMer and continuing DualShock music game player

15. K

K

16. How can i save my account and password in the game? I got to lvl 869 but it didn't save :(

17. 名無しさん

名無しさん Unregistered

Appareantly, in order to the game to save your progress properly, you need to have a "D" disk unity. Because there is where Taito games save their progress.
    Although that, there is some modified .exe which allow to save in the same folder the game is.
    I'll send you a PM with it :)

18. Haha, sorry, it was me, I thought I was logged in xD