Warming up?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by tepples, 4 Jun 2006.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

How do you warm up before a Wi-Fi session in TDS Worldwide Standard? If you play vs. CPU first, how many rounds do you play, and what CPU difficulty level?

2. Nick15

Nick15 Unregistered

I just jump right in and get my ass tenderized by a 6300 player. That'll teach me not to be such a jerk while playing and actually THINK.... THEN I do better. [​IMG]

Generally though, I need to be in the zone in order to play right. If I'm not in the right mind to play Tetris, no amount of preparation will get me back in shape. Either I can play Tetris, or I can't.

3. jjdb210

jjdb210 Unregistered

Man, I know this feeling all to well. I've actually taken to playing the computer now on level 5 for a few matches before I get on the wifi just because my fingers aren't ready to go quite that fast.

4. i've never had the discipline to warm up, albeit i do possess a tendency to lose my first match.

5. Sully

Sully Unregistered

I learned my lesson last night- jumped right onto WiFi, played like absolute SHIT, and lost 5 in a row to a 6800. I then rattled of about 25 in a row against random people to get back to where I was before the 5 losses, so it's all good.

I'll definitely play a few against CPU level 5 when I first sit down from now on.

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i warm up about 50% of the time. if i play 4 player there's enough of a cushion that i can get into the rhythm of things without warming up. 2 player... well, i'm usually playing at like 6 a.m. at work and i get pounded by a few japaneses before i start avenging pearl harbor.... and whooping summa dem, of course before all of you guys wake up.

7. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

I definitely warm up with a few matches against lvl. 5 before going online. If I don't, I always tense up on my first match and tend to play like absolute crap (mis-drops, unfavorable piece placement, overstacking, etc.).

8. now that i think about it, i do try to play brainage before a tds wifi session.