What's best lagless or tolerebale input lag LCD?

Thread in 'Hardware' started by AtomiswaveSD, 3 Sep 2015.

1. Hi, can anyone please suggest a very good LCD that virtually lagless or as close to crt in term of input delay? Thanks

2. AOC G2460PQU

It's not "3D", only a 2D LCD.

Kitaru likes this.
  3. from what I understand, TGM3 is actually a 3D Tetris game.
    I'm looking at ASUS Swift pg278q but the price seems to be quite steep. Also it's just VA panel instead of IPS panel.

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

He meant it doesn't support stereoscopic 3D. I use a VG248QE which is very similar to nmci's monitor in specs, except it supports 3D which means it has the ability to strobe the backlight to eliminate motion blur. It has a TN panel. There's no reason to go for the PG278Q's 1440p if you're just playing Tetris.

Kitaru likes this.
  5. Well I am planning to buy new gaming monitor, not just only for Tetris but for Counter Strike, Call of Duty and Dot as well

6. Kitaru likes this.
  7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I'd recommend the VG248QE over the PG278Q for CS. G-SYNC is worthless as it actually adds input lag at higher framerates, and you'll have to render 178% the amount of pixels on 1440p. Since it's an LCD it'll look blurry if you upscale 1080p on it.

8. TFTCentral does the most comprehensive reviews, including measurements of pixel response and signal processing time.

The Dell U2414H (~$240) is basically the default recommendation, though. It's a 24inch 1080p IPS panel with zero signal processing as long as you feed it a 1920x1080 signal. Anything else is either a TN panel, or way way more expensive.