Who is your Heroe of TETRIS.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Amnesia, 16 Oct 2009.

?

Who is your favorite one :

Poll closed 15 Nov 2009.
  1. Kan

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. Jin

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. 777

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. 309

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. ZAB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. SQR

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. Blink

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Spectre

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  9. Jago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. colour_thief

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Let's go :

2. Muf

Muf

What, no option for Corrosive? :AWE:

3. Trance

add a new option!

4. No jin8 option? Jin is a different player.

5. Ai

Ai

Outside Japan:
    • Blink
    • colour_thief
    • K
    From Japan:
    • Jin8
    • Kan
    (Ordered alphabetically ^^)

I highly respect a lot more players for their skills: rednefed, KevinDDR, mfm005, Amnesia, Rosti LFC, DeHackEd, Edo, FSY, DIGITAL, SAL, SQR@^^^, ZAB, MOM etc.

Most amazing things:

• 777's sub 9 minutes TGM performances. It boggles the mind that after I almost went 2 minutes under the GM level 999 time requirement, he's still almost 3 minutes faster. 17 seconds per section on average.
    • SAL's 11 lines checkered stack in TAP without Hold.
    • Invisible tetris play by those who are GM in TAP and Ti Master modes.
    • The masterful timing, speed, t-spinning and garbage drilling by the top rated multiplayer experts.
    • One-handed play.

Very difficult to choose one player. Jin8, Kan or 777. I will decide later.

6. Spectre, I would not have played Tetris today if I had never followed his progress on Gamefaqs and when he finally maxed out Mode A on gameboy or cleared 9(heart) high 5.
    I would have never bought a DS and TDS, I would have never found this place and I would have never discovered TGM or it's clones.

7. SQR
    Blink
    Trance
    jin8
    kan

voted SQR

edit: oh, and the guy in the tetris_japan_finals.mpeg video

8. c_t because of his death GM commentary ^^

9. Colour_thief.

Matt_Hatter83.

10. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Trance doesn't deserve a place on this list imo..
    I put blink because of his suprematy on 0G versus..
    Honnestly DIGITAL is far above blink regarding the global skill on TETRIS, but the number of lines is limited to 10..
    Trance is just the second best player after blink only on SRS 0G versus, even me, I fuck him up in every other domain of TETRIS.

If some people still have not noticed, I put the best world player in a recognize style of TGM or other. Spectre deserve a place for being the best GB player for example. I put c_t and jago for the western symbol..jago is begining to surclass a lot of japan player in m roll or TGM/TAP tecnic and c_t is just incredible by his consistence in both TGM and TI style.

AND A LAST THING GUYS :
    even if I disapeared from the scene, I consider my experience well above you all for being able to etablish a list of the best world players.

11. KAN. Other players have skill which I find extremely impressive and respectable. KAN has that which I wouldn't believe if I didn't know it was real.

Plenty of other great players like jin8 and ZAB, as have already been mentioned, but KAN stands out for me.

For European players I'd say FSY for his massively neat stacking style (though mostly because Jago sort of doesn't count), for in North America I'd say c_t.

12. Blink is the best on Blockbox but on TOJ he loses to hebo-MAI.

So who really belongs on the list?

13. Muf

Muf

This.

14. QFT.

KAN's original Phantom Mania M was performed in spite of a bug that hindered his speed incredibly. For that, he is winrar. jin8 and 777 are heroes because of their general skill and TAS-like efficiency respectively, but KAN is the messiah of tetris.

Outside Japan, it'd be Jago. In North America, c_t and Digi are my heroes. :p

15. Second best player after Blink because he isn't fast. But, he has the perfect style that no one else has come close to achieving. If he's my hero, then why doesn't he deserve a place on the list? Maybe you should limit this to a list of TGM heroes.

16. Muf

Muf

Lame cop-out. Admit it, the only reason so many TGM players are in this list is because it's the single Tetris game that encourages masterful play to such an extent. With other games, you have to be masterful despite the game, and Trance just doesn't quite make the cut. There's a finite amount of poll options here.

17. I don't get what I'm copping out of?

I think most people here don't understand or appreciate VS play, but that doesn't make it any less masterful.

18. My Tetris hero is Hitokage, because of his absolute mastery of TDS Push mode.

19. yeah vs. play is so much funner.

tgm snobs. so that's why i am not on this list.

20. I invite anyone who claims I'm a TGM snob to lose to me in Tetris Splash.