Why does our Google rank suck?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by colour_thief, 25 Jan 2008.

1. We're the 107th Google result for Tetris, what is up with that? Other search engines like Yahoo! are even worse.

Why are we so low and what can be done about it?

2. Poochy

Poochy Unregistered

I'm not sure it'd actually be a good thing to get a higher rank. Even though a high Google rank brings popularity, it also tends to bring spambots, trolls, and so on.

3. kiwibonga

kiwibonga Unregistered

Well, it does get a high rank for "tetris wiki" and a not so bad rank for "Tetris forum"...

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Of course, but let's also not forget the good things that popularity brings: more people, more knowledge, and more activity that will greatly expand the community. I'm willing to put up with a few bad eggs if it brings in good ones as well.

5. And it would give the mods something to do besides creating subforums.

6. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank

7. Exactly.

It definitely depends on the criteria one uses to search. Good example, Try This... hehe, I'll be damned... I'm all the way at the top (even with no added quotes) <LOL>!

Hehe, and With Quotes <G> [​IMG]

8. PacoDG

PacoDG Unregistered

I am almost out the door with 1pstart.com, but I just linked here from the front page to here. I have no doubts the new guys that will take over the site will have no clue how to change it.

If you guys are on other forums, make your signature a link to tetrisconcept.com.