Wiki Game Information Expansion...(June 3: Yatetris)

Thread in 'Discussion' started by DIGITAL, 4 Jun 2008.

1. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Ok, after looking around on the wiki, I'm sure many of us would notice the scarcity of content for many Tetris games, especially the really obscure versions. For any one individual, I'm sure it's a very daunting task to expand these empty pages. Those who try often fall prey to laziness.

So, I propose we spend a few days as a community on a certain page to polish it up and then move on to another. Pages will be selected on a random basis every few days or whenever we feel the content is satisfactory. I'll update the game and the date it was selected in the topic title.

Here's how it'll work. Everyone is encouraged to scour for information (factual or with supporting evidence) pertaining to the currently selected game. Debating conflicting information here is fine. At anytime, anyone is free to add the information gathered in this thread onto the corresponding wiki page. I'll make sure every bit of relevant information is added before moving on to the next game. If you find more information pertaining to a previously selected game, feel free to post it in this thread with clear indication of what game you are referring to.

Box art, title screen, and gameplay images are also sought for. And for extra icing on the cake, videos are welcome as well.

Here's a list of information that we are generally looking for.

General Information

1. Developer(s)

2. Publisher(s)

3. Release Date(s) : if necessary, state for all regions

4. Platform(s)

Gameplay Information

1. Amount of Next pieces

2. Playfield dimensions

3. Hold piece (Does it have IHS as well?)

4. Drop types (hard drop, soft drop, firm drop)

5. Rotation system

Images

1. Box art

2. Title/Menu screen

3. Gameplay

Body Content

1. Information about modes, scoring systems, randomizers, speed curves, etc.

2. Background information, facts, interesting trivia

3. Relevant external links

2. Yatetris is public domain, and available [modded].

/mod's note: read forum rules: "Do not link to downloads of clones that have the "tris" affix or "tetri" prefix."

3. Yep yep. FYI, this also really limits the amount of obscure clones that can be mentioned here (I've found several in the past month or so that I can't even mention here).

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

If I understand the policies correctly, we're still allowed to have discussions regarding these clones and can mention their names.

5. Quite true, but:

Same with the Wiki (there's a GameHippo link in there for YaT#$%^&). Anyhow (just my two cents), seems that discussion/screenies/info/data/etc... is pretty pointless without relative links.

6. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

External links should be fine as long as they don't advertise the use of copyrighted Tetris resources or the apparent emulation of official games. Links to downloads of clones that specifically have the "tris" affix or "tetri" prefix are also a no no. Other than those specific cases, I don't see how it would really restrict discussions. People can find the game on their own without TC having any affiliation.

7. Understood [​IMG] Seemed ironic though that the first game-name mentioned in this thread had a download link in the Wiki [​IMG] (all games at Game Hippo usually have a download link hosted on their server along with their reviews, and even MobyGames usually has download links and/or links to the developers home page).