Woah woah woah-- hacker intervention time?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by caffeine, 17 Aug 2006.

1. look at this thread.

does anyone else notice a certain poster going by the name "GTY"? he says, "Yeah getting 8000's pretty tough because all I got matched up agaist was 6900-7200 which caused my rank to go up only two piots each game. Then if I lost my rank would go down 60 points." he's trying to play it off like he's not cheating. wow-- just wow.

this angers me greatly, as i've lost my share of points to this grifter.

2. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

there is something seriously wrong wtih him.

3. Fask

Fask Unregistered

hmm... he also apparently cheats in animal crossing as well.

A week ago he was complaining about how online tetris was frustrating because he couldn't get past 6200s.

From blockstats:

Code:
    2006-08-11 11:53:49  6222  16899 
    2006-08-11 11:21:04  6011  23438 
    2006-08-11 10:27:30  6222  16800
    Looks like we have a good match folks.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Think it's enough to report him?

I want to see his NSider account taken away and be stripped from the leaderboard.

5. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Is it really "cheating" in ACWW if the game is friend code only?

6. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Valid point. If he wants to fuck over his friends and lock them into their compounds, more power to the asshole. It just speaks volumes of his character to brag about his exploits on the ACWW board, though.

7. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

personaly i think cheating in an online game, even if it is only with friends, is retarted and should not be allowed.

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If all players are aware of the cheat and agree to it, as in the case of Mario Kart DS track unlocking, then the "cheaters" are creating their own game-within-a-game. If you want to disallow creating one's own games, then it would only be consistent to disallow "mods" of PC first-person shooters and disallow playing any computer game not published by a major corporation.

9. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

ok fine, your right scratch the with friends part.

10. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/boa ... 081#M26081

"Is there a way to delete all saved data in Tetris?

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/boa ... 425#M26425

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/boa ... 469#M26469

{Phy note: That's just golden.}

11. So this GTY guy uses only I-blocks AND only loses 60 points?

He's a cheater, but I think he meant 600, not 60. Unless he has broken the formula like HOLiC has.

12. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

I think his horrid scores were before the action replay.

13. Who is GTy=LOSER in the top 10?

14. That would be Millar.

15. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

STEIN AUF MILLARTIME.

16. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

I would just liek to report that as pissed as I am at GTy, 'GTy=LOSER?' is not me. I am Millar TC, on the hub. I was GTy=LOSER! for 1 night when I kept playing against him and he brought me down from the 7800's but that was it.

I also ran into this clown in 4player on thursday (aug 17) night. He was using all I blocks and got targeted and killed off first in both te games I played. Everyone was over 7200 except GTy who was at like 6500. So I guess hes just gonna go to 2player to get back up. That sucks cause hes way low and will totally be sniping. Fucker, I hate this kid. I also see that the 2 threads on the NSider forums revolvong around GTy have been deleted. what a bastard.

17. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

the Nsider forum and Nintendo have clearly proven that they do not care about the integrity of their game and their rating stystem.

I keep reading "let's get the cheaters deleted" and at one point Sully even mentioned that one of the NOA's mentioned that it was a possibility but their (nintendo's) inaction and the NOA's proclivity to delete all of the RELEVANT threads to enhance tetris playing and the rating stystem/cheaters just prove Nintendo's own disdain for this game.

I'm really sick of Nintendo's shit a lot more that i am sick of the cheaters. Sure the cheaters really piss me off BUT nintendo's reluctance to do anything about it is really quite reprehensible. As for the cheaters... if nintendo isn't going to do anything about it by all means, EXPLOIT their inaction as much as possible.

18. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

The threads got deleted because he got out of hand and started spam-accusing me of being a cheater, so I reported all of them. Was he still posting, because I don't know how I call some kid Short Bus and get a 3 day ban while assholes like this are allowed to exist.

19. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

lol... ya i agree its pretty sad

20. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

it's not an isolated incident though. If you go on the nsider forum and mention "cheater" or "glitch" or hell even "flawed tetris" the post isn't going to last very long. if you insinuate that any of the tetris ratings are not genuine they zap it SO fast.