WTF? Major Disconnection Problems

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 20 Jun 2006.

1. Anyone else having a problem connecting and playing Tetris online? I've just spent 15 minutes trying to connect long enough for a game and got nowhere. Just got error 84020 (which I don't recall getting before) or 94020 about twenty times in a row. [​IMG]
    It could be that my routers messed up, but I'm using it to go on the internet right now and I am not having any problems.

2. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i've been getting those all morning.

it seems i can connect but not connect to games.

i've decided to take the afternoon off tetris because of it. bleh.

3. Connecting to wifi but not games = same as me. Seems to disconnect me after about a minute each time.

What Nintendowifi.com says about error 94020:

"Error codes within this range are likely caused by problems encountered outside of the network you are attempting to connect from."

Seems like the wifi hub is down or something.

Still, glad it isn't just me having problems.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

98030s and some 91002s.

The former is probably due to a storm being on the surface.

The latter was due to some friend code wonkiness. Wouldn't register to the database.

5. Seems sorted now. Almost like the Nintendo server crashed or something

6. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Well, whatever it was, with 2 botched games of 4 player it drug my rating from 7200 to 6500.

I'm still recovering.

7. Guest

Guest Unregistered

Hi guys, sorry if I didn't register, I'm not a regular user but I seem to have the same problem as you ?

I never had that much problems before but like just now and for the past hours, I've tried to connect to TDS Online and while I happened to be able to log on for a few games on Worldwide mode (maybe 2 games out of 20 tries ?) I absolutely wasn't able to play with my friends, I tried to host then to invite, but everytime, either me or my friend would see the green icon then I'll get error 84020.

Has this happened to you guys too ?

8. Yeah, sound like what I had, but that was a while ago.

9. X-Perts

X-Perts Unregistered

Ok. Heres what I've found out from personal experience.:

If the number that it gives you starts with 8 such as 84020, then it cut you off in the lobby.

If the number that it gives you starts with 9 such as 98030, then it cuts you off in the middle of a game, casuing you to lose points.

With what I've experienced and heard, the error code 84020 or 94020, are problems with nintendo's hub. These error codes seem to be prone to chuncks of time. So if you get allot of them, just get off and try to play again sometime later.

The error code 98030 is an error code that Nintendo has no clue why it's caused. (this is the error code that I get about every three times I play online) So good luck if you get this error code...

10. I agree with most of what you say, but I've definately had error codes which begin with 9s outside of playing games. Mostly when I was just on the menu screens.

11. Josh

Josh Unregistered

I was having problems connecting today from the hotspot at my school(I have summer school Geometry [​IMG] ). It kept saying " You've connected to an access point but were unable to connect to the server." Me and my friends must've tried like 15 times before we got mad and just decided to go for high scores in single player mission mode. I really hope it connects tomorrow though.

By the way, does anyone get error codes that start with a 7? I get these from time to time, but not too often for me to get mad. Basically what it does is it disconnects you from Wi-Fi instantly after you've connected(well, at least for me it does). It usually wants you to turn off the power and turn it back on, then go back to Wi-Fi.

12. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

"nintendowifi.com" is a games site, and K-12 schools tend to block all games sites. They also tend to block incoming connections and all outgoing connections other than on port 80, and they run all port 80 connections through a proxy.

Usually "turn off the power" means that the Nintendo DS has detected a condition that could allow homebrew or pirated code to start running, so it freezes in order to clear out the RAM.

13. Josh

Josh Unregistered

Yeah, I knew that. I just found it strange that for some reason, it wasn't connecting because I've connected from that hotspot so many times before. But it's working fine now. [​IMG]

14. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i'm connecting just fine, but when i try to join a game i get disconnected after about 10 seconds with good ol' error code 84020. ruttin rubbishness. on a saturday too. has anyone else tried connecting with TDS or any other *official* DS game today?

15. fnord

fnord Unregistered

Working fine for me. In fact, earlier today I played 120+ matches in a row with the same person before disconnecting.

16. jujube

jujube Unregistered

yes, of course, as soon as i post this message it starts working again. awesome. now i'm just hoping for no random disconnects. but like you i've played a ton of games against one person without issues. luck of the draw i guess.

17. Benson G

Benson G Unregistered

I've never done that [​IMG]