YES

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cyberguile, 18 Dec 2006.

1. Just a stupid topic to say that I've beaten up my own record on tgm2 three times in a raw (usually, when I beat my record, next game is crap lol)

I feel like I start to understand the game mechanics.

768, S2, 10 minutes.

Long way to GM [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

It says on the wiki that TGM is an arcade game, do you go down the street to Timezone or whatever to play it? and pay a dollar each time or whatever? Or do you have an emulator for it? Because in the videos on youtube it seems to be a Japaneses guy standing in front of a machine somewhere.

3. "says on the wiki that TGM is an arcade game..."

oh boy, prepare to be welcomed to tgmconcept.com

4. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

sorry for the noobness, but i thought it would be best to ask. This kind of knowledge seems to be assumed here, and i have no idea how to get it ( I have read a lot of the wiki) so i thought i'd jump in and start asking.

5. [MODDED]

6. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

Anyhoo, Im gonna get my local intencity to get a TGM machine. Are these things available outside of japan?

7. I love TGM and all, and it's nice that it seems to be an evergreen game, but I agree with this sentiment. This used to be a place of diversity... What are TDS people up to these days? Have people just stopped playing? That didn't last long...

8. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

That's likely. TDS single player is broken because you can't turn off SRS or Infinity, and there's no stopwatch to measure how fast you do 25 lines.

9. Cubicz

Cubicz Unregistered

I agree. I've been reading the blog and forums on this site for about 6 months, and I've noticed a definite shift. TDS used to be all the rage, and that is all I've ever played, except lockjaw.

What ever happened to Nicholas's blog? that was the best part [​IMG]

10. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

well i believe that many things contributed to TDS' death. First and formost is the broken singleplayer already mentioned. The second being the introduction of cheating on line. It just seems to me that there is less reason to play tds because there is a substantial amount of people playing TDS, and less playing TGM. Therefor there are less people to set high scores so you get more satasfaction out of getting high scores in TGM, then in TDS.

11. it's not that i mind tgm and all, it's just that lately most of the content on these forums follows the line "what's tgm? how do i get it? this is what tgm is. this is how you get it. kthnxbye." it's helpful, i guess, but kind of boring.

about the blog, i guess i kind of decided if i had anything blogworthy i'd post it in the forums.

Some people I know found out about this, so yeah.

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Caffeine, from what I saw on a video of you, you can do farly better [​IMG]
    For me you have potential of a death master, have you a score on T.A. DEATH?

13. [MODDED]

The TDS people have all left because the core people no longer post much, and it's almost all TGM now.

Sully left to have a family

cosmo got jaded and then broke his DS anyway

The rest have either moved on to TGM, or rarely post, like Phydeaux.

I still play TDS. I only play TGM now I temporarily have no wifi. But I can't have a conversation by myself.

I think the final contributer to the TDS downfall here has been the fact that the hub has been broken for ages. It no longer updates, so I guess a few have just lost interest. I did for a while and mainly played friend matches, leaving worldwide for a week of two. I'll probably just go back to it because I have renewed determination to break 8k.

14. Oh sorry Amnesia, didn't see that post. I don't play TGM or TAP, though I do play hebo from time to time. Right now I'm just focusing on going fast ("go speed!"). I should be making a new video sooner or later.

15. jujube

jujube Unregistered

16. Oh really?

I need about 30 straight 4p wins and I'm there. I've already started playing TDS again in training for when I get my internet back at home. Hopefully the hub will get fixed soon, or is already.