You guys play any other games?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Josh, 16 Jun 2006.

1. Josh

Josh Unregistered

I know we all love Tetris, but do you play other games too?

I play:

Advance Wars- This game requires deep strategy to defeat your enemies. It's basically a turn based strategy game for the GBA (And there's one for the DS). It's one of my favorite franchises. I rule this game. If only it had wi-fi... [​IMG]

Meteos- Now this game isn't as fun as Tetris, because it doesn't involve as much strategy, but it's still fun nonetheless. I pretty much stopped playing this once I got Tetris DS a couple months ago. Some of you might want to pick it up if you can find it for cheap.

Pretty much any Zelda game. Almost all of them have good storylines with good replay value. Ocarina of time is definately my favorite 1 player game ever.

There's more, but I'm too lazy to name them all.

2. for non-tetris games, i play lumines(psp), we love katamari(ps2, i'm still trying to find katamari damacy also), gran turismo 4 (ps2), simcity4(pc), and i purchased meteos also but really haven't had a chance to get into it as tetris was my main reason for buying a DS, and it hasn't even been a week yet. sure, i own and play alot of other games but the ones listed above seem to be the ones that i go back to time after time.

some honorable mentions would be games in the myst series, and my guilty pleasure of GTA games (mostly i just cause general mayhem and don't really bother with missions). and i should also mention goldeneye007 (N64) even though i haven't played it in years as 'bonding' with my friends was basically the reason that I almost failed out of college in my freshman year.

3. Guest

Guest Unregistered

I play lotsa games.

Currently playing Ur-Quan Masters aka Star Control 2. It's a great game with hours of explorations.

But if you're talking DS specific;

New Super Mario Bros.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! (go import)

Daigassou Band Brothers

many many more

-sihum

4. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Tetris DS is my current EXCLUSIVE addiction. Prior to it's release, I was playing the hell out of Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari (I totally OWNED the CowBear level in this video). I randomly discovered KD last November- those games are fucking great. Too bad I don't have (don't want) a PSP or I'd get the third installment. Oh, and here's my mousepad:

[​IMG]

I got the New Super Mario Bros. but I can't get into it because it cuts into my Tetris DS time.

I also have Mario Kart DS, which I also played the hell out of for a few months, but, again, the Tetris conflict prevents me from playing it. I've liked this series of games going back to the original one for the SNES.

I was into Diablo 2 in a very bad way for years (starting the day it was released in June 2000). Was anyone else into this game? I've got tons of stories. Aside from Diablo 1, I never got into any other online RPGs.

I got Final Fantasy IV Advance last November. I remember playing the original (FFII) on SNES when I was in high school in the early 90s. The GBA port is excellent.

I could go on and on and on.....

5. sully, don't feel too bad about not having the psp katamari (me and my katamari) as from what i have heard the load times are horrible (which i'm sure is very true, a major problem with many psp games) and the controls had to be augmented since there aren't two analogs. it uses the d-pad and buttons instead. I'm sure the game is still decent though, but just not the same as the 'real' thing. If i ever come across it used, and at the right price though, i'll probably pick it up just for the sheer awesomeness of katamari in general.

After seeing your mousepad, i wonder if you have ever seen this(i know i want one):

http://www.etsy.com/view_item_sold_anon ... n_id=37994

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

the only other 2 games that i play are:

Scrabble and Boggle. seriously.

7. Advance Wars (go here and ask who I am, go ahead, do it)

DDR (I'm getting ITG2 when it comes out on PS2, ITG1 is too crappy)

Beatmania

F-Zero GX

and a bunch of random assorted games

8. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Super Smash Bros. Melee

DDR: Mario Mix

Donkey Konga 1 & 2

Karaoke Revolution Party

Tony Hawk's Underground

9. I play other puzzle games that don't suck.

10. Nick15

Nick15 Unregistered

I play anything that tickles my fancy... the only games I seem to be good at are falling-block puzzle games, like Lumines and Meteos, and obvious Tetris.

I'm a old-skool Nintendo fan-boi at heart, so anything I think harkens back to the pre N64 era of Nintendo always wins with me. I never caught onto Mario 64 (and by extension, Sunshine), but the New Super Mario Bros is quite worthy. I'm a big fan of Metroid, though the recent girth of Metroid games lately has been a bit disheartening (though I suppose it's mostly just to make up for lost time between Super Metroid and Metroid Prime). Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii will also be the first game I get for it. I'm also a BIG sucker for Pokmon, having run a rather successful Pokmon site for a good four years. [​IMG][​IMG]

I got Me and My Katamari for PSP, which in my opinion, despite having not played any other Katamari game, is a pretty good game. It does sort of annoy me how much the levels repeat, but it just makes me want to get the other two games. Hell, one of the big reasons why I will slap down $600 for a PS3 is because it's a PS2 and I can then play both PS2 Katamari games. (The other reason is for Blu-ray--just for the format--and... uhm... maybe FFXIII.)

I'm also big on RPGs. I don't have World of Warcraft, but only because: 1. if I had it, I would no longer have any life outside of the game, period. 2. In realizing I have no life, I would then quarentine myself from it. But then I would just be wasting $15/month on a game I don't play. The same thing happened to me on Phantasy Star Online for GameCube. Fortunatly Tetris DS wifi is forgiving, and free, so my current quarentine from it is not wasteful at all.

But I try not to play games all that much because I see them as a major distraction for me. [​IMG]

11. Heroes of Might and Magic V

Hitman Blood Money

Windows Vista Beta 2's voice recognition module

12. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

If you already have a standard television set, a PS2 is as cheap as a DS.

You can buy Final Fantasy for PS1 and XIII for PS2 separately as well.

But you can still use your PSO disc to boot homebrew, right?

Not in 4 player mode.

Is it any better at recognizing "blue" than the Brain Age demo?

13. Also, shmups are pretty awesome. I like Warning Forever, and anything by Cave.

...Robotron isn't bad either.

14. If its not Tetris, I usally play old NES games like: double dragon 2 and mario bros but NOT TETRIS on the NES, man I hate that version.

But before I got into Tetris I was playing alot of old Sierra point 'n clicks like: Space quest 1 - 6, Kings Quest 1 - 7 and Leisure suit larry 1 - 6.

- Jono

15. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Are you talking about Tengen's or Nintendo's? Do you like this NES based clone any better?

That said, I play Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario and In The Groove and Katamari and Amplitude and Super Smash Bros. Melee (a fighting game with built-in macros) and Donkey Konga and Meteos and Mario Kart DS.

16. Nintendo's version, Tengen's fine (in a way)

I can't play that version you posted a link for as im at TAFE at the momment, but I assume its the one you made, I have spoke to you about it before (in this forum). The game play itself is great but I hate the scoring system, and that frame delay when using the hard drop. If it had Ultra and 40 line mode it would be much better gameplay wise aswell as having levels rather than just words.

Otherwise it plays nice.

- Jono

17. I hope you're talking about Z and the C-stick, otherwise there are no macros in SSBM.

18. Josh

Josh Unregistered

Hey kotetsu213, you play Advance Wars too? Sweet. Hey, do you go to AWN(Advance Wars Net) by any chance? Here's a link.

http://www.advancewarsnet.com/