Your account has been permanently disabled.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by K, 21 Aug 2008.

1. K

K

Great no more youtube account
    [​IMG]

2. Muf

Muf

You're always welcome on rptv [​IMG]

3. And that's #3.

4. yep. this is exactly what has happened to me.

5. This was predictable. Everyone who uploads Texmaster and Heboris videos has those videos removed, and after this happens enough the account is deactivated.

6. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Slashdot is running a Wired story about a U.S. district judge who ruled that robo-DMCA notices are not appropriate: "in order for a copyright owner to proceed under the DMCA with 'a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law,' the owner must evaluate whether the material makes fair use of the copyright." We'll have to see what happens to this ruling in appeals.

7. What is even more annoying is the way that I feel like they deliberately missed videos on my account when they swept through and deleted the Texmaster ones. Then a week or so later they delete the ones they missed, it counts as a third strike in terms of copyright infringement and my account is gone.

8. I hate the tetris company. I hate them and there is just nothing good about them.

9. What, Arika gets off scot-free? They were completely responsible for this. I don't care if TTC told them to or not, they did it, and I suspect they didn't feel sorry for a second of it.

10. tepples

I would almost blame Arika too. Lockjaw was designed since 0.01 as a clone of the 2005-2006 guideline, with TGM features as almost an afterthought, and there are still dozens of Lockjaw videos on YouTube.

11. Can you blame Arika for wanting to have a good enough working relationship with THC to make TGM4?

12. The Hatris Company?

but uh...yeah. Yeah I can.

13. tepples

14. Muf

Muf

The Henk Company [​IMG]

15. yeah, their full cooperation is annoying... but I really can't hate Arika. I mean come on, they made TGM1 TAP and TI and some other sweet games. How can anyone be mad at them knowing that?

16. K

K

me

17. i suggest a solution: http://www.wua.la/en/

whats that? its an social online peer-to-peer storage. here we could form a group and share videos, without anyone beeing able to interfere. its the perfekt tool for forming a "dark net". besides that, its very useful for storing your private , nonshared data online. you can trade in some local hard disk space against online space. everything is securely encrypted. so it is indeed possible to have an 50 gbyte or more online storage at zero cost, just by trading some harddisk space with others.

and - it works like a charm. very fast, very resonsive and very easy to browse trough shared stuff. also , one can create groups etc. and it runs straight in your browser, if you have java installed.

there are already some death gm02 videos and the japan finals uploaded and shared with world by some user calling himself "hugojosefson".

18. tepples

How is it zero cost? As far as I can tell, peer-to-peer file transfer systems such as this just pass the cost to the users, who may need to buy
    1. bigger hard drives (the "50 GB" that the web site quotes is bigger than my 7-year-old PC's entire hard drive),
    2. commercial-grade Internet access that doesn't cap or throttle upload so much,
    3. land in an area where 2 is even offered (sorry Australia, New Zealand, and rural America),
    4. electric power to keep the computer, modem, and router on 24/7, and
    5. electric power to air-condition away the heat generated by 4.

19. @tepples: of course.. its not free in the way you described, and they even have some banner ads. but: for lucky people like me who have modest broadband at university and home, its an interesting alternative over carrying a transportable usb drive day - by - day.

besides that, you dont need to share your harddisk space - you can just participate in wua.la as a leecher. you are given 1 gig for "free" and you can browse and download stuff from a group folder or world folder without any costs or such.

the critical point though still is #2: the limited upload capacity offered by ISP's. its just too slow to share something larger than lets say 100 mbyte. it would take aeons to upload larger stuff...
    but whats the difference between uploding video stuff to youtube or uploading the very same stuff to a shared group folder in wuala? nothing i say.

and its very comfortable: your wuala drive is mapped as a network drive under windows, so you can just copy files into that drive and it uploads byitself in the background.