Yukidoke no kaze

Thread in 'Discussion' started by neko, 14 Oct 2011.

1. Cheap as free?

2. Yes. It's free. I just got it. And it had me the second the game started. Spoofing the original Mother's (EarthBound Zero's) Opening? YES! But then, I had no idea what to do when I got to the actual game. Filling a horizontal line with blocks doesn't clear them, it just grays them out. So I ended up just dying. I may keep playing a little more to see if I can't figure it out.

DAS is pretty slow, but it's ARS as far as I can tell. Haven't tested the kicks, though.

Edit: It seems to have zero kicks, not even when you rotate a piece near the edges of the playfield.

Edit 2: Space bar seems to clear the gray lines. Special techniques are on ASD. It looks like I'm getting somewhere.

Edit 3: So I'm on the third or fourth stage now. It seems you're supposed to fill up the playfield with complete horizontal lines, then press spacebar. The more lines you clear at once, the more damage you do. When you're playing, it also levels up your character when you successfully fill a line. It may seem like stacking for Tetrises is a bad idea, since it's harder to send an entire full playfield of lines if you even need to clear a single to keep the Tetris hole open. (since in this game it doesn't clear) But Tetrises allows you to level up your character so you do more damage with each space bar press.

Draining the HP fast is good, because the game does speed up, and with no kicks at all... well. If anyone that actually knows Japanese can verify, or add anything (for instance, I'm stuck at the level one abilities. I haven't got the others) please do. I just peeked at the source code/google translated.

I prefer the girl, since she can turn a piece into a T. The boy can turn the top of the playfield flatish if it doesn't have very high steps.

Last edited: 16 Oct 2011
  3. Ai

Ai

The .html file included is the game manual. You'll have to use Google Translate or some other translation software becuase it's in Japanese. Everything you need to know is explained in detail over there. Basically it's a Tetris game using Sega rotation with RPG elements. Each character has a few special abilities that can be accessed with buttons a,s,d and f when you have enough PP. I'll have a look at it later. Thanks for the links neko! ^^

4. Just beat it. Still no idea how to get the other psychic abilities, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It may be hurt a little by its lack of fast DAS, though. The final stage was ridiculous because you have to super tap.

All in all, good game. Unique ideas.

5. Isn't bwv one of Kan's nicknames ?

6. Tadamichi tells you that the damage done is the number of lines squared, times your level.

Also, making holes drains your cheer power, because the people cheering for you are buried alive in them.

7. Muf

Muf

Kan is a big Bach fan, and BWV is short for Bach-Werke-Verzeichnis - the way he numbered his works. Kan's Youtube channel is bwv1079; "Musikalisches Opfer".

That said, bwv.jp stands for Buffer Werke Verzeichnis, so that's definitely a throwback. The site is managed by a "J.S. Buffer", who is evidently also a Bach fan. Maybe we should introduce them to eachother? :D

8. Isn't "JSB" one of KAN's profiles in TGM3 ?

9. Ai

Ai

Yes, JSB is one of KAN's Ti profiles. Like muf mentioned above KAN is a very big fan of classical music, especially the Baroque period. His favorite composer is Johann Sebastian Bach whose music is considered by many as the model of Baroque music. The way his work was numbered was done by someone else long after his death if I'm not mistaken.

It's certainly not KAN's game. We would have learned about it sooner. ^^

10. oooh, i forgot topic started

DAS
    depend on key setting of OS.
    almost key check used WM_KEYDOWN.
    .......you can rotate quickly to pushing z key.......

Movie
    http://ceron.jp/url/www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm15523966

By the way
    Do you play Hi score mode?(ハイスコアモード)
    and scored more than 1Tera?

Last edited: 23 Oct 2011