another cheater? gigolo? EDIT: AND PAUSE

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cosmonaut, 13 Jun 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Unregistered

If someone has a high rating but are not particularly good, maybe they aren't the only people using their DS. My sister had a go a Tetris online a while ago and my rating dropped over 1000 points (needless to say she's now banned from playing online on my DS). Maybe you weren't playing the player who had achieved the high rating.

PS: Nice to se everyone on TC is ranked no 1 in the world according to the blockstats gifs

2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

YEAH WE F"&*ING RULE!!!

3. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

tepples wrote:

"First one out" implies you were playing 4-player mode. Skill in 2-player and skill in 4-player don't necessarily correlate. I'm not sure that even the experts in the Shirase videos can cope with no rotation, no next piece display, and shuffling the columns every 20 pieces.

this is true BUT i've played over 3000 4-player games and have over 2100 4-player wins and as a general rule anyone i see with a rating over 7500 is a VERY legitimate contender regardless of the items used. The best 4-player player around (lately) is "poor rusty" whose rating was at about 7600-7700 yesterday and the worst i've ever seen hiim place was second -- in at least 30 matches against him).

a quick scan of "PAUSE" on blockstats showed a guy who has been at 7922 for over the last month. So, i would presume then, either he keeps reverting to his saved game at 7922 ooorrr he just never plays -- which i doubt.

i don't mean to jump to conclusions about these players -- but when i name drop a player's name who i think has an unfairly achieved high rating i make sure to have a definitive basis for doing so. And i kind of like having them around... it's nice to get a quick 200 point boost every once in awhile. [​IMG]

4. they're really nice, throwing points back into the system, aren't they? [​IMG]

5. They are handy for a points boost but it still annoys me. They should at least be removed from high score tables (once proved that they are cheating).

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

hi,

i ran into PAUSE again tonight and i can confirm that he's up to some sort of shenanigans. Once again he was losing BADLY and instead of losing he disconnects before his garbage piles him through the roof.

when he came into the game he was sporting a hefty 79xx again....

7. Guest

Guest Unregistered

Seems TGM-Liem is the victim of a copycat. That or he's used more than one DS, which Nintendo WFC can't register as one person because the ID is different, so creates 2 active players

8. I'm not sure how much you should trust Blockstats. It doesn't seem to show at all how I reset my score to 5000 yesterday and then climbed up to 7500 for the first time. Also, it's got me jumping back and forth between 7500 and 7315, which I certainly haven't been doing.

9. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Who else is using your DS's nickname?

10. No one that I know of. And 7315 was my score recently.

11. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

this is off topic but where did "caithness" come from? what does it mean?

12. Caithness is a very minor character in Macbeth. He's got like 2 or 3 lines in the whole play. After I started using it as my screen name I found out that it's also the name of a county in Scotland.

13. Sorry to double-post, but I figured out why my score keeps jumping to 7315 on Blockstats. That was my score when I reset the save data on my Tetris DS card. I guess there are now 2 of me on Nintendo's scoreboard. I have no idea how to erase the old one, though.

14. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

So some family have come to visit and I have temporarily acquired my little cousins DS and tetris cart. Naturally I've been doing a little study on points. I cant believe how the system works! I have been doing heavy recon as 'poor rusty' to scrape up points to face the other system playing as 'How High'. Playing 'poor rusty' 7800 against 'How High' 8650 took about 25-30 minutes to meet online. At one stint I played 100 matches and the 'How High' rating only went up 58 points, and this against what started as a 7800 player!! Thats ridiculous! I cant imagine how TGM Holic has cracked/maintained his hefty 9500+ rating. I was going to try to see how high I could get the rating (see if I could crack 10000) but the time and effort it takes has proven to be just plain silly. I'd much rather play to see what rating I can achieve myself, its so so much more meaningful and more fun. What I have seen is how TGM Cheat , ????????(pretty sure this is the 'fuck' all I pieces cheater),Mr.J, and all of the other cheaters scores who havent changed in a month became sick of cheating. It is darn ridiculous how high of a win % you need to build and maintain a score of 8500+ let alone 8000. It took me over 10 hours of constant losing on one DS to get the rating to 8751 on the other. I guess this is my 99,999,999 endless. Anyways the DS and game cart are back in my little cousins hands and the big points will be doled out promptly. Millar TC is back. Good Luck getting a piece of the points!(I really hate that cheaters (How High included *sorry*) clog up the world rating. This is my biggest tetris pet peeve.)

15. Guest

Guest Unregistered

you schlep!!!

you are poor rusty?!!?

caithness, rosti and i have been marveling at how good "poor rusty" was and it was YOU all along.

nice work millar at wasting me earlier today. and hopefully i'll see you again, un-incognito tomorrow. [​IMG]

yeah, and p.s. fuck cheaters. and props to HOLiC

16. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

sorry tee hee [​IMG]

And I do love to see those familiar names unleash themselves.

17. I love cheaters! Gigolo just gave me a 100 point boost to my rating in one match. Just mentally erase their names from the leaderboard and promote yourself above them, and be happy that when you meet them it's like christmas for your wifi rating. I don't think that there are too many out there. It's not like metroid, where it seems half of the higher end players are cheaters or use glitches in the game. You only have to look at how many different threads there are on cheaters at the NSider forums to see how big a problem it is.

Heh, Millar, it was you all along playing as 'poor rusty'. Was it sometimes not you playing? I swear I played poor rusty as a 6000 player. I'm fairly sure I've played How High as well, or maybe I just recognise it off the leaderboard. Yeah, that's probably it.

18. Sully

Sully Unregistered

Millar- you owned me on push the other day. I had never played Push WiFi before that day and I probably should have quit after a few losses to you. The 1 win wasn't worth the 13 losses.

Then we met again on standard. Good job winning 9 straight after I took the first 3.

19. Millartime

Millartime Unregistered

It was good to see you on standard 2 player again, that makes twice.It was a good set. You totally blasted me right off the bat with those 3 wins. It was a dejavu from our last set where you took the series handily. Lucky for me I got streaky and got some big wins this time. Im still surprised I dont meet you online as much. Speaking of surprised I was shocked to see Sully TC come up for a push match. When I saw you I was getting points to boost How High rating to its final destination of 8751. That rating has now gone the way of the dodo and leveled out to a current 7800. I played most of my points to some serioud 4player matches earlier today. I played Rosti, Caithness and itsJoeWOAH among others. We were all in the blockstats.org chat room talking about our games and opponents the whole time. Rosti and Cosmonaut even managed a couple games each vs Holic. Sadly I never got the chance to play Holic or cosmonaut. Anyways i think I'm gonna try to get 3000 wins in each category for my next challenge. Basically Im gonna play a boat load of 4 player. -Millartime out.

20. So are your cousins still going by the name 'poor rusty'? If I see him again will it be an easy win?