another tetris problem

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cosmonaut, 19 Jun 2006.

1. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

has anyone played a 4 player game and of the 4 players that come up two are really weird? like one has no name and the other is named ")" and no pieces appear on their screen and no garbage comes up from the bottom?

this has happened to me twice. the first time i played the blank screens for like an hour and nothing happened. and the only way to get out of the game with them is to disconnect because even after you lose both of their screens sit there blank with the target flashing back and forth on their screens....

the worst part is that when you disconnect your rating drops... today it was 200 points for me. bleh.

2. Never happened to me, but that seems really odd. Sometimes people disconnect after the names appear for me, but the game doesn't start, I just get told an opponent has dropped out. Maybe it hasn't picked up that players have disconnected and has let the game progress without them.

Could also be an early hack or something, I've played against people who seemed to have no collisions between the pieces, they just fell through the stack

3. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

yeah, i saw the no collisions thing this morning.

but the guy kept playing like it was normal. i was thinking maybe tetris was just glitchy this morning.

4. (The no collisions was a while ago.)

I've also had problems with serious amounts of lag. I was playing someone on two player when their screen froze for a while, then all of a sudden all the pieces he had put don appeared on his scree, and i got sent 11 lines of garbage (luckily I was low down or I would have been really pissed off)

5. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

Yeah, could be someone playing using dial-up, Rosti.

6. Yeah, but the screen froze for nearly a minute - I thought i was going to get disconnected even though my screen was fine. Not accusing anyone of cheating or something, but it was pretty weird