Are you guys using macs or pcs?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cosmonaut, 21 Jun 2006.

1. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

I have a powerbook g4 that i mostly use a quad processor g5 that i sometimes use and a hewlett-packard that i sometimes use.

anyway, it seems that finding tetris games for the mac is more of a challenge... and that sucks. i think the guy i work with just downloaded some sort of TGM game for MIME(??)... is there anything else?

what are you guys using?

2. My PC is so old that I don't think anything with graphics more advanced than Tetris would work properly on it.

3. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

You mean from 1981 or so, with an Intel 8088 CPU? Yes, Tetris has been ported to Really Old PCs(tm), but so have a lot of early arcade style games such as Puckman (Pac-Man) and Lode Runner. And remember that Wolfenstein 3D ran on a 286.

My PC == Dell Dimension 4100, fall 2000, 866 MHz, 128 MB RAM, Windows 2000 Pro.

4. Not quite that old. I wasn't really being serious. In fact it runs the original Unreal Tournament (But with graphics set to 'low' and with lost of slowdown and lag online).

5. Nick15

Nick15 Unregistered

I'm a big Mizzac user. I got me a ton of Macs. I keep an old skool System 7 Mac around just to play old games on it. [​IMG]

6. PowerBook G4 for me as well. I downloaded that TGM ROM for MAME you were talking about, but it doesn't run fast enough on my 1GHz processor. Or even on my Xbox.

7. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

i think that mame thing is just a piece of shit. my g5 with 8 gigs ram can't even run it fast.

8. If that is your opinion, you need to start playing older games. Some of them are really really good!

9. I hear that an emulator called Zinc does a better job of playing the TGM rom, but there's no Mac or Xbox port of that.