Best Tetris player from TC.

Thread in 'Discussion' started by GFish, 22 May 2008.

1. Cheers Ai, comments like this will always help me push myself. I still have some physco power left in me.

- Jono

2. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

Why did you all exclude me????

3. Because you don't really count for being a TC player given you're not really active any more?

4. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

But I play all the time online, and I have "TC" on my wifi name.

5. There's still the factor that it's Tetris DS, which isn't held in a particularly high regard on this forum.

6. I was aiming more towards the best TGM players tetrisdude.

7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

What about my awesomeness at Ti. [​IMG]

8. It's beyond our comprehension.

9. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

I have to say i literally Lol'd

10. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

Where the heck did you GET a TI machine?!?! [​IMG]

11. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Ti modes, not Ti itself.

12. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

Rather, game play styled after Ti.

13. Muf

Muf

Speaking of which, I'm going to be the worst player ever to privately own Ti. Oh, the irony [​IMG]

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

I am bored..Why everybody is joking with that..

Currently I am not in a good humor..

So Ghetto, listen to me, you are very strong on TI clones, M7 and sudden ti 599 are 2 scores I am dreaming, but in fact, the community is not sure at 100% your records are honnest..Despite all proofs you attempted to give us, a lot of important people here have still doubts about your real talent..

15. Yeah I was thinking that was your intention, bad choice of name for the topic than. Best TGM player from TC sounds more like it, as it seems only TGM players are listed [​IMG] .

- Jono

16. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

That's exactly why I'm trying to make it to a meeting.

17. tetrisdude

tetrisdude Unregistered

Oh, I got it.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

hmm..OK !

So : I have an idea since a while, I am enough good in mathematic to build a good formula to REALLY know a global leaderboard here, taking in consideration :

-The rank (with a slight exponential factor, because it is easier to pass from 14th to 13th, than 3rd to 2nd)

-The number of presence in a leaderboard (good for me, bad for jono..)

-The size of the leaderboard (number of people)

-The importance of the mode (example : sudden ti >> item mode)

I need the participation of some strong and skilled player to officially decide about the 4th point, it is the most important point in my future formula I will show you a bit later..I need to inject in my calcul these coefficients.

Don't worry !! I am not arranging a formula to say that I am strong ! Normaly my formula should give jono stronger than me, even with the number of leaderboard where I am..

Here a first example from me at 100%, and I expect to have some reactions to discuss about it..

Code:
    TGM        : 8
    TGM 20G      : 9

TAP Normal    : 5 
    TAP Master    : 10 
    TAP TGM+     : 7
    TAP Death     : 9  
    TAP Double    : 7
    TAP Big      : 4
    TAP Secret    : 4
    TAP Item Master  : 6

Lockjaw 40    : 8 
    Lockjaw 180    : 8

HEB Master #G4 ARS : 9
    HEB Master #G4 SRS : 7 
    HEB DOOM ARS   : 8
    HEB DOOM SRS   : 6
    HEB 20G #G4 ARS  : 9
    HEB 20G #G4 SRS  : 7
    HEB 20G #G4 DRS  : 7

Tex Special TI  : 9
    Tex Sudden TI  : 8

19. Is that supposed to be mode importance?

Aside from being TGM biased, I find it's pretty hard to really distinguish between most of the similar ones.

For example, I'd see TAP Master and TA Death both being the same importance, simply because they are. If anything, Death should get a higher rating because it's more popular, and more difficult to be number one at.

I think trying to combine all the leaderboards into a single one is a bit superficial and will take a lot of effort for something that won't really mean anything at the end. We generally know who is better than who, and I feel it's best to group players together as having similar ability levels, or underlining their specialities (see Death + Sudden Ti for me). The leaderboard will be too subjective, with finer positions (especially in the middle of the table) being swayed massively by values that have been arbitrarily picked.

20. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

I agree that it is TGM biased. A lot of players don't have a SuperGun nor know where to buy a TAP PCB that ships to North America and Europe. Most of the Tetris PCBs that I can find on eBay are the Atari Games version, not TGM series.

What would be the importances for various Lockjaw scenarios? Baboo!? Secret Grade?