Biggest Loser Ever?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by Rosti LFC, 21 Jun 2006.

1. I know a few of you tried to deliberately destroy your ratings but none of you are as hardcore as '2ch'. Currently he sits on the bottom of the leaderboard with a measly 773 points. I always assumed that nobody could genuinely be that bad and last night i played him.

I didn't play '2ch' but someone else whose name was 2ch and then a load of Japanese symbols (type 2ch into the blockstats thingy and they're both there). He played as if he wasn't even there. All his pieces just slowly sank to the bottom and piled upwards in a tower. Yet his score was in the 6000's, which is quite respectable.

Has anyone else played against him, perhaps while not deliberately losing or have any idea why he might lose deliberately as I can't see how anyone whould find it fun.

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

The first time I played Tetris was on a bus trip home from the COSI museum in Columbus, because the Game Boy systems with Super Mario Land were already in use. I made four lines.

Bug: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection games played on Nintendo DS systems set to a Romance or Germanic language do not have an option to transliterate the kana in other players' nicknames to romaji.

3. Yes, but getting a rating that low would require a huge number of losses in a row - something that inexperience wouldn't be able to expain (surely he'd get at least slightly better over time). After all, he's 2000 points below anyone else on the system.

4. baconcow

baconcow Unregistered

He is probably doing that purposely to see what happens when he gets to 0 and if the game will allow it to go any further. Maybe he wants to assasinate a top ranked player sometime? Who knows his motives.

5. cosmonaut

cosmonaut Unregistered

if i play that guy i'm going to lose SO fast he wont' know what hit him. and he'll gain SOOOOO many points. i bet he'll piss his britches.

6. baconcow

baconcow Unregistered

Haha! AWESOME countertactic!

7. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Unregistered

2ch also means "2 Channel", which is a Japanese forum where a nice chunk of otaku hang out. Their current enemies consist of 4ch or "4 Chan" which is an American forum.

They routinely go back and forth and spam each other's forums. Could be this 2ch is someone's "official" representation that will take out a 4ch when they start putting it in their names.

8. baconcow

baconcow Unregistered

Wow, that's some piece of info there.

9. 4ch reference = thread over. [​IMG]

10. Guest

Guest Unregistered

eww, 4chan ._.

11. What the? I've never heard of that option. So you can transliterate kana in to roman letters if your DS is set to Japanese? That makes little sense, seeing as the only people who would need them interpreted would not likely have Japanese as their language setting.

Also, I'm not sure if it's Safari's fault, but when I try to include the poster's name in the quote tag, it doesn't display correctly.

12. phpbb version bug. will fix with next update.

13. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

No. The bug is that the games don't have the feature at all. Correct behavior is for each WFC game to provide an option to transliterate the kana, but no Nintendo games implement this.

14. It's not that hard to learn the kana. I picked up most of the Katakana playing Japanese GBA roms and much of the hiragana by watching the karaoke lyrics that appear in many anime opening and closing sequences.

Of course, it probably helps that I lived in Japan for 3 years and took 4 Japanese language courses, but all of that happened after what I described above.

15. Josh

Josh Unregistered

That's what I think he's going to do. He can really make someone miserable by doing that. Heh, today my friend Raul was playing wi-fi all day and got my rating all the way from 6,500 to about 4,700.(Yeah, I shouldn't let my friends play, but I do anyway. Oh well.) Anyway, when I went to 2 player, I found someone at 7,000. I beat him and his rating dropped a lot. He disconnected right after. I kinda felt bad for him. [​IMG]

If I can make someone this mad with a 4,700 rating, then I can only imagine how mad a 7,000 player would be if they lost to this guy. [​IMG]