Tournament: CONTEST N1 : 0G player class (Round 2)

Thread in 'Competition' started by Amnesia, 16 Oct 2008.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

Kevin and Burbruee: i'll be on blockbox in a couple hours, so maybe i'll see you there.

2. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i won my match with Burbruee 15-0. ggs.

he had me in a lot of trouble in many of the games, so just like in my TOJ match with blink, the score doesn't tell the whole story. it seemed like i only had a slight edge in speed, but over the course of a game i think it made the difference. we're really closer in skill than the score suggests though.

3. Jujube 15 - 0 Burbruee, didn't seem impossible though. [​IMG]

4. Match Report: Blink over Redstar 15-0

5. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Special price for the first one who will get 1 point against blink..

[​IMG]

6. Blink 15 - 0 Rosti

I'm proud to say that some of those games were actually quite close.

7. yeah ggs rosti, had me panicking near the top a few times

8. People from my group (matt_hatter, caffeine, kotetsu), be advised: I won't be available for a match 'till at least 6th December.

9. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Just this post to remind that the 2nd round began 1 weeks ago, but I've just realized that it was not very easy to notice it on the thread.

10. Okay guys. I'm free today. I'll try to be in #arika, but you can also AIM me at "weaselage."

11. jujube

jujube Unregistered

i won my match with KevinDDR 15-4. great games Kevin, it was tough. blink recorded and said Kevin was about 20 tpm faster than me, so you can imagine i was scrambling a lot, just trying to survive.

12. yep it was a fun match to watch, here is the video: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ekk4yq

13. jujube

jujube Unregistered

thanks for uploading that blink.

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Canceled ?

That disturbs me, I would like to know if there still an interest for this tournament..
    I was impatient to launch the 20G ones, but I am hesitating now..

15. Jan

Jan

I still want to play, but I'm only available on weekends.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

No problem, I just got stressed because of the impatience of blink, if it was only depending on me, this round could be over in january or later, that could not be a problem, but still, I was expecting more than only 4 of the 24 matches..In 2 weeks..

17. Yeah, I contacted my opponents twice, but we haven't been able to work out the matches. The longer a tournament lasts, the more of a headache it becomes, the less likely it will be successful.

18. Sorry to be bringer of bad news but speaking of cancelling, I may have to. I have just been flat-out working (6 days a week) - mainly due to Christmas being just around the corner.

Usually on my day off I am catching up with friends and family - I am really struggling to find time to organise matches and times to play.

I think at the point dropping out may be easier (on me and other players) rather than delay the competition a further month, as I will be doing 6 days a week until mid January and just cant see myself with enough spare time for the comp.

I apologise to everyone in my group and the competition for delaying matches (particularly Blink, I was looking forward to playing you) or causing any inconvenience .

Regards,

- Jono

19. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

jono, without you this contest loses a lot of his sens..
    Personnaly, I am not really opposed by the fact that you, or anyone else takes his time to play..
    This is not the world soccer cup, I put a date to limit this round, but I prefer that it tooks 3 months with every matches, than limit it at 3 weeks with less than the half of the matches done..

20. DeHackEd

DeHackEd green Gm

I lost to Baxter 15-14

For the record, I still HATE zero-ARE