Tournament: Contest: Tetris Concept Independence Day

Thread in 'Competition' started by colour_thief, 17 Jul 2010.

1. I know what this is supposed to look like but I keep parsing it as a :< face with a hat instead of the reverse of >:(

On a less random note, congratulations! :)

I ought to get back on this mode, as I've never quite been able to finish it. :<

2. Ai

Ai

TAP Normal combo stacking. Congrats clearing the mode! ^^

3. mufunyo, I need that art for my stick :biggrin:

4. Thanks! Haven't really given Normal a shot, but I'm pretty terrible at SRS comboing, where I always blame the randomizer instead. Sounds like something I should at least try though :D!

5. are we allowed to use SRS + grade mania 2? or does it have to be ARS?

6. Well, first off, that isn't the right mode. Garbage Mania approximates TGM+. Second, it is strongly preferred -- if not required -- that games be played on TAP itself and not any clones. colour_thief can give the final say on that, but everyone else is playing TAP proper.

Hahahaha, absolutely not. C'mon, XaeL, be serious. :p

7. oh snap. i dont know any of the TGM bullshit tbh. so i dont know any equivalents etc :D

8. Saying something like that should be a ban-worthy offense. :3

9. can't get past 360 :(

10. The contest is for TAP only, no clones. Sorry. :(

11. He's playing on TAP now.

12. [​IMG]

Well what do you know, I finally made it. Now to work on getting to 500 in Big mode.

13. Going to start playing this so might as well post my progress
    [​IMG]

14. Ai

Ai

Great job clearing TGM+ and getting S1 in TAP Master Big Block Mode Caithness! ^^

15. Though I'm ineligible for the prize, this is a great excuse for me to start tackling that "oh-god-i'm-too-lazy-i'll-do-it-some-other-day" TGM+ mode. whee!~ ^^

16. i got like 405 now :(

Moving from SRS to ARS is hard @ 20g. I can stack at probably 1.5-2tps with ars 0G tho. THe speed isnt an issue, its the inability to place my pieces wherever i want @ 20g.

17. You haven't reached 20G yet. That said, I feel you on that point. Picking up ARS for high gravity is no small task.

18. I realise its not 20g (its prbably like 2G or such). But i can't even put my I's anywhere :(

19. SYN7HOR

SYN7HOR Drama Queen

For me, it took about a month (about an hour a day) to go from Ti-ars (floorkicks) to ARS without constantly getting the I stuck.

It comes instinctively with practice, like everything else regarding Tetris strategy.

But it sure sucks when you're used to floorkicks.

20. Learn to IRS. Or stack better.