Hebo video removed for copyright infringements?

Thread in 'Discussion' started by cdsboy, 23 Apr 2008.

1. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Lap 2 (3 MB AVI) featuring Lockjaw PC, TOD, Blockout, and Wrong Century.

We still need at least Bedter, Quadra, and Quinn as examples of games that TTC has specifically targeted. If you have to, run one PC with TV-out into a second with TV-in.

2. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

3. tepples

Thanks.

CS is in lap 1.

Ghett0: I get an error
    But then I already have Lee N's Texmaster sudden video for lap 3.

4. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

5. tepples

Got it.

I managed to record Bedter just because it was notably targeted. I came to the conclusion that Bedter is definitely not a modern tetromino game:

• The auto-shift isn't delayed at all. You have to set the rate real low (or "sluggish"), or you get misdrop city.
    • Preview is shown in a different orientation from entry.
    • Blocks become one single color upon lock, despite no technical limitation.
    • Clockwise rotation only.
    • No wall kicks.
    • No lock delay.
    This leaves Quinn, another notably targeted game. Does anyone know how to record the screen on a Mac?

6. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

actually, that look like Gravytris to me, not cubestorm.

oh wait. cubestorm is the new name for gravytris. duh...

7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

8. you are totally right: its the old gravytris video. i just have not made a new cubestorm video yet, because 1. cubestorm is still in its alpha stage and 2. not that much has changed graphically. though internally the most important change in cubestorm is its "1/100 unit precisition" placement algorithm meaning: you can place pieces not only at their integer positions, but everywhere with 1/100 unit steps. this allows to do some nice things like in Tetris DS touch mode.

the problem is: there is still a major bug to fix. (overlapping, interlocking pieces - that thing drives me crazy. )

9. tepples

I just did a bit of research, and it appears that all the screen recording programs for Mac OS X cost money. The trial versions either watermark the image or limit recording to a few seconds. Someone might have to go to the Quinn forums, explain the situation, and ask for a video.

Despite Mac OS X's roots in *BSD, it appears that Windows is more free in this respect. On Windows, one can record the screen with software that is both free and Free. Two packages like this are CamStudio and VirtualDub. You could try them in Wine, but given the low-level nature of screen recording, I doubt it will work.

10. tepples

11. jujube

jujube Unregistered

dude! this is great [​IMG]

12. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

Is it meant to have video? I just get sound, but there might be a problem with my Media Player. The first 2 videos work OK, it's just the newest one I'm having a problem with.

13. tepples

Apparently, your MPEG-4 ASP decoders aren't set up to decode all fourCCs (four-character codec identifiers) that might contain MPEG-4 ASP video. You could try playing it in VLC, or you could try changing the fourCC. Or if "my Media Player" is Windows Media Player, you could try installing the Xvid codec.

14. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

you need XviD codec.

15. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

Thanks for the help. The video works fine now. I was just confused since the first two videos worked fine on my computer.

Will anything else be added to the video?

16. tepples

On any given day, it's a roll of the dice whether I choose DivX or Xvid. They're both MPEG-4 video codecs, and any PC-based decoder that can decode one should be able to decode the other. If they do not, then your operating system's video framework just isn't associating the fourCCs to the video codec.

The hardware decoders in "DivX Certified" DVD players are a different story. The DivX encoder doesn't use some of the more sophisticated motion compensation features of MPEG-4 video that Xvid uses. So to save costs, some "DivX Certified" MPEG-4 video decoders leave them out.

There might be a disclaimer (along the lines of "Not sponsored or endorsed by Tetris Holding") at the end of the credits, and some of the flag pictures might be moved around. As for anything else, I'm willing to take requests.

17. Muf

Muf

Tepples, if you can send me a constant quant 1 version (or something of a similarly high quality) of your protest video, I will put it up on replaycentral.tv. I have to re-encode it to FLV, and your video is already pretty low quality, so that will just make it worse if I encode this one as is.

18. Lewis

Lewis Unregistered

What's with all the flags on the video?