Records: [Heboris] 20G-#G4 / Hebo Mini Master-Hard 20G

Thread in 'Competition' started by jujube, 13 Nov 2007.

1. jujube

jujube Unregistered

number of ARS-only leaderboards at TC: 15

number of SRS-only leaderboards at TC: 1

Tetris Zone, Tetris DS, Tetris Splash, Tetris Evolution, TOJ all have leaderboards somewhere else (working or not). and i don't really get defining yourself as an ARS or SRS player when you can play both. we don't have to pledge our allegiance to a rotation system and never look back, do we? [​IMG]

2. I think most people can't be bothered with the tetlag, so they prefer simply to stick to one. And as the games using ARS are far better (IMO at least) than those which use SRS, they stick to the ARS games.

3. okay, then so we agree that most people play other games besides heboris 20g g4, and that is why we are lacking activity on this particular thread. when we give heed to reason, why say it's because ars players are playing other games? 20g g4 includes SRS and ARS.

you wouldn't believe all the players i see on tetris splash and tetris mobile. there's always someone playing tetris mobile. so while you say games that use ARS are better, i have this little feeling that future games will probably not be ARS. call it a hunch. and if i had to guess, any future ttc sanctioned tournaments (tetris cup maybe?) will probably be in SRS, too. i'm not saying it's bad to play ARS games. but for me anyway: i like to consider myself a competitive player, and that's the same reason i don't play tds anymore. tst and kick ts's are no longer guideline, so why bother practicing those techniques?

4. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

Those are only some elements involved that have been invalidated by newer games. There are still many techniques left over that still applies.

Besides, I choose to play something because it's fun. I can still be competitive. There's no reason I can't keep everything I have learned and choose to only use the tehniques that are applicable. I play both SRS and ARS and learn the nuances of both. If certain ARS skills are SRS applicable, then I bring them over. If certain ARS skills are not applicable in SRS, I just don't use them. I find that this gives me a more objective perspective when it comes to performance and evaluation of my ability.

5. good point.

6. To be fair.. the ARS based games have leaderboards somewhere else too. That doesn't mean we can't have any here.

7. really, leaderboards you 40 something guys are already on?

8. I'm not on the TC leaderboards either - I'm just not that competative.

9. jujube

jujube Unregistered

the thing that struck me was the lack of SRS leaderboards here. i don't think we have an excessive number of ARS leaderboards.

10. ei

ei

...Wow.

Tetris. Serious Business.

I seriously wasn't expecting my little sarcastic comment to generate this much controversy.

In the end, it all boils down to playing what you enjoy (and in some cases, have available). Heboris (G4) is enjoyable to me, and I have easy access to it, so it's what I play.

To each their own, I suppose.

~EI

11. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

12. jujube

jujube Unregistered

thanks for posting Ghett0. i'm having trouble reading the time at the end of the video. i think it says 6:34:21 (and i'm assuming Ti-ARS) so correct me if i'm wrong. in the future it would be helpful if you could post your rotation system, rank, level, and time. of course video links are also welcome.

nice game, looks like you had no trouble reaching 500 (and without using hold). i'm sure you'll pass the torikan once you're manually locking deeper into the game. i don't know if anyone's analyzed this mode and figured out just how long you need to lock to still comfortably pass the torikan.

edit: just noticed you were using DRS. that's fine, i can add another leaderboard and maybe some others will give it a try. can you tell me what your rank was?

13. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

I got grade 1 on that run. And Actually, it's 6:34:91.

14. [​IMG]

First time I passed the Torikan. Man, I love G4 in 20G. It's so exhilarating!

15. Wow, 832 is really impressive.

16. ei

ei

OHSHIT!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Code:
    EIHoppe -----------M    999 06:30:53 30/01/08
    I AM MASTER, HEAR ME ROAR!

...or...something like that.

Is there a possibility of anyone encoding the replay? Fraps is being stupid and refuses to run, and my trial of Camtasia ran out. (Speaking of, any notable progress on the soundpack, Digital?)

~EI

17. Muf

Muf

Congrats on the M-rank! I can encode the replay for you if you want, it'll probably look somewhat like this. Do you have your own YouTube account or would you want me to post it?

18. jujube

jujube Unregistered

[​IMG] whoa...

congrats EIHoppe [​IMG]

19. ei

ei

I have my own (quite literally unused) account, so I can post it if you like. Thank you much for encoding it. =)

The replay.

Would you be willing to encode my current Devil-DOOM record as well? Can't go wrong with more Heboris videos out there, right?

Thanks again, it's much much appreciated!

~EI

EDIT: Thanks for all the 'grats as well.

Like I said a while before, Digital, I'm coming for ya...

20. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my best score so far.