Records: [Heboris] 20G-#G4 / Hebo Mini Master-Hard 20G

Thread in 'Competition' started by jujube, 13 Nov 2007.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4UyJqMUbpg

DIGITAL, this MV rank, is it a similar MV rank you would have been earned if you had played on the real TI ?? [​IMG]

If it is true, that means I seriously need to abandon TAP and jump on Heboris immediately..That also means you are really stronger than me, jago, c_t and matt..I lose my time on TAP..I will have a bad surprize when TI will become available on MAME..

A second big question I have : why the WORLD system requirements for torikans are so slower than CLASSIC system requirements ? I also talk about all performed time in general by players..

I always though it was because the WORLD system does not give the bonus lines..(1 tetris --> 6 levels)

2. tepples

tepples Lockjaw developer

Like In The Groove, Ti runs on a modified PC. So it will likely run in a variant of VirtualBox before it runs in MAME.

The CLASSIC rotation has lock reset on Y change. The WORLD rotation has lock reset on Y, X, or Theta change.

[​IMG]
    So the effective lock delay in the WORLD rotation is longer than in the CLASSIC rotation.

But it's too bad Mr. Rogers doesn't want TGM anywhere else in the world, especially not on Wii.

3. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Ok..Now, what is happened during the M-roll with the WORLD system, you only have to : turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn, turn..with one tetriminos, for

1 minute, and you finish the M-roll ?? [​IMG]

I am sorry tepples, but the difference is too high (20%) for me to accept your argument..There is another important reason I think..Or maybe Mihara wanted to disparage the world system..

4. No, because Ti gives a max of 8 resets for one piece.

5. DIGITAL

DIGITAL Unregistered

It's similar I suppose but I'm not sure how similar. And take into consideration that Classic (ARS) is another beast compared to World (SRS). The main reason has to do with step reset and move reset which significantly alters the forced speed. And by the way, my highest is MO. [​IMG]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTqPoxqJwE

I think it has to do with SRS being more newbie friendly. Move reset and SRS's initial orientation lends itself to survival. It would make sense to make the time requirements easier as well under this assumption that newbies play SRS. I'm not saying that SRS can't be used by pros though.

6. In theory, one could run a decrypted image of the drive directly or copy the decrypted data for use in the appropriate build of StepMania. Ti could theoretically be made to run in a similar fashion, but it wouldn't be as neat and easy (if you can call decrypting game data and modifying files neat and easy). It would likely be encrypted, have additional security checks, and it would surely have no facility for non-JVS control. Whether or not someone could manage such a feat, you wouldn't want to emulate it at all, if possible.

It took me a second to figure out what you were getting at, but that was great. Haha, well played.

7. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

The grade for my 950 run was S3.

8. All right I'm getting over 500 now. This is my first S1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

by the way this is TI-ARS 20g-#G4. same thing as my last score.

9. ei

ei

Congrats on the S1! Keep working up the speed--going fast is a large part in G4 grading as far as I can see, so keep shaving seconds off those section times!

In other news, I've tied/come close to my records a few times again (Another S8 ARS (technically an improvement, but it's only of 4 more levels of survival and I don't recall the time, so I won't bother looking up the details), another Master World, and quite a few M9 Worlds), but I can't quite seem to break into new ground as of yet. I'll either play really fast but stack sloppy--I've come close to the six minute mark but only get M6-M7; or I'll be somewhat slow, stack pretty well, and futz up the credit roll and end up with M8 or M9.

The lesson to learn from this is don't give up--eventually you'll get the pesky system to give you an improvement. =P

~EI

EDIT: Thanks to mufunyo's efforts, my Master Video is now uploaded and visible on Youtube. Enjoy.

10. Muf

Muf

11. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Rank S6..

Whoahh...Even with the stick I need some practice to beat DIGITAL... [​IMG]

12. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

[​IMG]

13. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

Keep going man! Then you'll break 900! And then 999!

14. Amnesia

Amnesia Piece of Cake

Bou :

[/b]

15. Altimor

Altimor a.k.a. Ghett0

What happened man?

16. ei

ei

Bou is Amnesia's understudy of sorts. In other words, two different people. =P

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that survival isn't everything--if you have fast section times, you'll be able to push the game far faster than if you didn't--as reflected in your SP:RANK value, and you'll usually (emphasis on usually) end up with a better grade if you have similar stacking to a slower game.

For instance, on my Master play, I ended with an SP:RANK of 169, meaning I missed two section cools. Ideally, you want an SP:RANK of 189, like Digital's MO, which is every section cool plus a well-played 900 section.

In other words, level isn't the only thing you should look at for progress--I can survive past level 700 on TI-ARS if I play slow, but if I push my speed the 600 section will begin to get fast enough to cause me to horribly misdrop.

~EI

17. Is there an explanation anywhere of what SP:RANK is/means? I couldn't find one on the wiki.

18. ei

ei

As far as I can tell (i.e. empirical evidence for the win!), it's just a numerical representation of how far on the speedcurve you are. As for the specifics, I haven't looked into it beyond the fact that if you get a section cool it goes up by 20 relative to the start of the section, and if you don't it goes up by 10 instead.

~EI

19. cdsboy

cdsboy Unregistered

i had no idea that the better you did the harder it got. That would explain why i have such a hard time finishing. I break 500 at about 4:30 and get plenty of cools.

20. Yeah, it's copying Ti Master, which has a speedcurve dependent on the player. #G2 sets an easier curve and #G4 is a more difficult one.