Off Topic: Miscellaneous Tetris Achievements

Thread in 'Competition' started by Edo, 23 Jul 2009.

1. oh i thikn i remmeber this.

so does level only increment when linetotal / 10 > levelnumber?

2. There are different level up conditions when you start at very high levels. Level 19 start advances to 20 at 140 lines, level 18 advances at 130, and most of those between 10 and 18 -- I'm not sure about 16 and 17 -- advance at 100.

Last edited: 4 Jun 2010
  3. [​IMG]
    I really wish I hadn't totally blown it right after transitioning, haha. 192 lines. :V

4. Here is a listing of the line amounts on each level you will have when you begin level 19...

0-9 190
    10 180
    11 170
    12 160
    13 150
    14 140
    15 130
    16 130
    17 130
    18 130
    19 130 of course you're already on level 19 so this is when there are 10 lines left of it.

542,394... very nicely done!

5. This is pretty old news, but I guess it warrants a post in this thread. I took #1 in Tetris Splash Marathon.

[​IMG]

6. you could use softdrop + hold hax to get over one million.

7. Edo

Edo a.k.a. FSY

Actually, I don't even think you need to do that - as far as I know, the single player modes in splash have full infinity with no limit on rotations, so all you'd need is an autofire controller and a couple of paperweights/elastic bands. And even if there is a rotation limit, like there is in Ti, it's still possible to abuse SRS kicks to keep an I piece active and score infinite points.

Incidentally, does anyone remember that poor guy that spent absolutely ages getting the top score on Tetris Friends by using softdrop + hold, only to have his perfect score and replay removed by the admins, because it revealed just how broken the current guideline marathon scoring is?

8. yeah i know about the method with the SRS Kicks + softdrop to get infinite score, i posted a youtube video about it ages ago.

and was tehre a replay of it? :/ he shoulda taken a video it woulda lasted longer :p

9. Ai

Ai

Cool! Added you to the TGM Score Attack leaderboard! ^^

10. I got to 500 in Shirase on blockbox with SRS with less than a day of practice. I thought I could break the torikan, but my time was 3:20:04... 17 seconds off. It had some weak play. I had faster games, but I died in the 400s in them :(

I think I COULD break the torikan with a stronger game, but... I'm sick of SRS. Back to barely breaking 300 with ARS.

11. [​IMG]
    Haha why do all of my games with good scores entering 19 have to have awful stack transitions.

12. i just got legendary GM status on facebook battle mode 2 player battle holla!

13. [​IMG]
    Memoryless GM. :3 Thanks to Lady_Lily for inspiring this escapade!

EDIT: rofl
    [​IMG]
    Memoryless Phantom M.

14. Ai

Ai

Was that your first try at Grade Mania Memoryless? I played a few games yesterday and my best was only S4 at level 399. I'll try harder later. Anyway great job!

EDIT:

I got S9 at level 993 a little while ago...

Last edited: 2 Sep 2010
  15. I should try this, considering I've played and maxed out Super Tetris 3 enough times to be able to deal with memoryless decently well. It involves a lot of skimming and such. However, I think the gameplay is more refined, so I don't know if it'll actually be all that hard... we'll see.

Also, I haven't played TGM1 in a while, I should get on that. I need legit sub-11 by the end of the year.

16. I thought I could become a real man today. I thought I could max out a Tetris game.
    [​IMG]

But no. The score digits move into the blue part. I'll do it some day. Tetris DX is TOO GOOD! I've always loved it, since I first played it as a kid. Fast DAS! SRS before being completely broken. (Except for that whole spiderman thing some pieces can do)

17. Funny story. When I bought Tetris DX I maxed it out on my first game. :)

I love the music in the game, it's got some deliciously funky chiptunes.

18. Yep, the music is really good. Just tried again, but got only 1,08?,???. It stops getting faster far before that, but I guess I don't have the patience or endurance : (

19. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 Resident Misinformer

I recommend Super Tetris 3 for a game to max out. Heck, even I've done that one, though it's still a challenge, as it has no wallkicks, and uses step reset.

If you want SRS before it became broken, that game is it. (and it has nice music too)