Records: [NES NTSC] A-Type

Thread in 'Competition' started by Kitaru, 24 Feb 2012.

1. Re: [NES] A-Type

850k... Thats like almost 300k better than my best. *sigh* i really need to work on tetrising on 19+ :D

2. Re: [NES] A-Type

@cleure- you'll get there soon, dude! keep plugging away. are you coming down to portland for the championship? it ain't but a stones throw away from tacoma...

3. Re: [NES] A-Type

I've been trying to make the transition from TGM to NES Tetris... The DAS in this game can be brutal.

I'm planning on making the trip to Portland, but it really depends on how well my car is running (getting it looked at next week). If I do, I'm probably taking my wife and some friends, and splitting a hotel room with them. My older brother lives in Portland, so I'd probably visit him too (and maybe help him move some arcade machines, if he's volunteering them again this year).

4. Re: [NES] A-Type

video for my new PR.

5. Re: [NES] A-Type

oh yeah- all feedback and advice welcome. i am all ears.

6. Re: [NES] A-Type

Got into the 700 club...even if I was making it overly difficult for myself. :\
    704,576 @ 194 Lines

7. Re: [NES] A-Type

welcome to the 700 club (that sounds like a chain email from a televangelist). Well done. I also just maxed again. A nice experience... though even later than my first one.

8. Re: [NES] A-Type

@BDCOwe- well done sir. you're right, you made that look really difficult. i am excited for you to have an easy game for once! then you'll be in the 800s...

@ben- i am rooting for you this year. amen.

9. Re: [NES] A-Type

Slight improvement. Probably would have hit 600k on this run, but I made a really stupid mistake right after the lvl 19 transition.

573,520, lvl 19

Attached Files:

10. Re: [NES] A-Type

Broke 600k, and reached level 29 (level 9 start). For some reason the forum won't let me upload the image, so it's here: http://i.imgur.com/iKwC39g.jpg

11. Re: [NES] A-Type

boom... Nice work! welcome to the 600 club :)

12. Re: [NES] A-Type

awesomesauce, sir!

have you changed up anything in the last few weeks that has led to the two recent score increases?

13. Re: [NES] A-Type

Best night of Tetris ever for me. Started with a 623k transition that ended on 20. I never, ever score a high transition ( and I mean *never*), so anything over 550k is a very, very big deal to me.... Then almost immediately afterward a 599k trans lead to an 888k on 26 (over 800 going into 25, first time I've ever done that I think). Shortly after that I got a 915k 28 that was mid 800's sometime on 26. Topped it off with a nice little 726 that ended on 27, but grew out of a low,low 400k transition. And there was a whole *bunch* of over 500k transitions that didn't go far as well. I am feeling quite pleased with myself, and will sleep very good tonight :)

14. Re: [NES] A-Type

@sir tolles- well fucking done duder. i am excited to hear you are doing well in the tetrising department since i made a bold prediction on facebook that you would be the next to max... quickly followed by me. hurry up and do that shit so i can follow suit.

on a related note: robin mihara recently visited my house and taught me more than a few tricks. i had a slew of good games after that. i know that feel when you have multiple awesome games in quick succession and you feel on top of the world (even if unjustified). i wish you many more of those days.

15. Re: [NES] A-Type

PS i get high transitions (~400-600k) around 50% of the time i play and i quickly make mince meat of my game within a level or two. i am not sure which is worse- never getting big trannies (new tetris slang?!?!) or getting a bunch that never come to fruition.

16. Re: [NES] A-Type

@Ben

Thanks! Feels good, man.

@wasmachstdugern

I've been practicing Tetrising on 19+. I knew I was going to break 600k soon, because I've been hitting 500k at least once a day for the past two weeks (alternating level 9 and 18 starts). My level 19 transition was only 430k, but I hit a bunch of Tetrises, and then played really conservatively after breaking 600k so I could make it to level 29.

17. Re: [NES] A-Type

trannies haha. I have blown so many big trannies in my day!... Oh my, well it on the internet now!

18. Re: [NES] A-Type

So...this will be a new back of the box quote for EoO, right? :p

19. Re: [NES] A-Type

You can't un-say it!

20. Re: [NES] A-Type

The Hill
    (copied and pasted from a facebook rant and edited some)

I am on a hill. I really long, tall hill. For over ten years, I have been working my way up it. And now I am one step away from the summit. I see that there is nothing there. But I spent so much time trying to get up that damn hill.

The only reason I want to take that last step is because I once lost all hope that I could make it up the hill. But I didn't give up, I kept pushing. I want to know that when I turned my doubt into belief, that the belief was justified.

When I was at the bottom, I knew that some other people had made it to the top. They thought it was pretty cool and they had a lot of respect for other people who made it up to the top. I looked at it, and thought, wow, that is pretty far, but I think I might be able to do it. So I attempted it.

But after four or five years of traveling up that hill, I made it to a point where I was *sure* that I could never get any further. And for years I was stuck at that one spot. But I finally figured out a way to get a little further, and once I did, suddenly the going got much easier for a while.

And then I was *sure* that I could make it the rest of the way.

That feeling of total defeat blossomed into determination and a sense of belief in myself. It was nice believing in myself.

And now I am one step away from the summit. There is no oxygen there. I am dizzy. I keep thinking I am taking that last step, but in my disorientation I get confused and step the wrong direction. I think I get my bearing back but I step sideways instead of forward. Its right freaking there. I see it. I am looking at it. But damn it, why is it so impossibly hard to just take a little bitty step and get there?